A no-fuss brisket

Way to go! Who knew that adding a brick of spam to your pit is all it takes to turn out the perfect brisket! Hope it stays on the PBC hooks when I make my next briskie!

Nice cook Jeanie I like that sweet fat too:mrgreen: Hollandaise??? For breakfast??? Dad gum you're high maintenance:p but I like it.

Cowgirl's barrel for the win. Lots of blue ribbon meals coming from that chunk

That looks great!

Wish I could find a brisket that looks that good around here. We either have packers with super thin flats or good flats at around $7/lb.

397812bb-8b62-43c8-b13b-eff919dc3791_zpsoaizpajz.jpg

This right here is very much a happiness-inducing shot! Wow! And IMO "no fuss" is the way to go! While the crispy fat on the bottom may not be good for the body, it is good for the soul, and in moderation it's all good! I also like what a drum does to a skin-on picnic. Just lovely Jeanie - thanks for posting!

That brisket and eggs looks freakin awesome!

Its truely become my favorite way of eating brisket leftovers...

..and oh ya, crispy sticky fat cap it delicious too!

Holy cow Jeanie! You even give brisket a pizzazz. :thumb:
Thank you Sako! :hug:

Thanks so much LoneStar, Gore and Terry!

I did a brisket yesterday, just like you, no trim, salt and pepper, through it in the smoker and didn't look at it till ready chek said 200.

Spam was a delicacy for us a long time ago, said I'd never eat it again, but the one you made has changed my mind. Smoked spam, never thought of it, I'm gonna try
it.

Your CI plate and fixins looks great!
Dport, that's my favorite way to fix a brisket too.... just salt and pepper and no fuss. Hope you try smoked spam, The only way I like it is with a brown sugar, cayenne and whiskey glaze. Good luck with it and thanks!!

How much whiskey do you have to drink to make the spam edible? :wink:
My dad use to make fried spam sammies for us when we were kids and that was a treat! The brisket and breakfast look wonderful!

lol at least 2 shots. Thanks! :grin:

Thank you Melissa, Tony and Jim!!

Way to go! Who knew that adding a brick of spam to your pit is all it takes to turn out the perfect brisket! Hope it stays on the PBC hooks when I make my next briskie!

lol Bob the spam is magic!! Thanks! :mrgreen:

Thanks Smokin' Greene!

Nice cook Jeanie I like that sweet fat too:mrgreen: Hollandaise??? For breakfast??? Dad gum you're high maintenance:p but I like it.

lol Thanks Bludawg! I'm actually an easy keeper. :mrgreen:

Thank you Adams and Pole D! :grin:

Looks delicious Jeanie! Nice bark on that Brisket!
Sam, it turned out good. I loved the salt and pepper bark. Thanks!! :grin:

397812bb-8b62-43c8-b13b-eff919dc3791_zpsoaizpajz.jpg

This right here is very much a happiness-inducing shot! Wow! And IMO "no fuss" is the way to go! While the crispy fat on the bottom may not be good for the body, it is good for the soul, and in moderation it's all good! I also like what a drum does to a skin-on picnic. Just lovely Jeanie - thanks for posting!

Greg you are so right!! The skin on a picnic is my favorite part too. I could just eat the crispy skin and fat and be a happy girl. Probably be a BIG girl if I did that though. lol Thanks so much! :mrgreen:

That brisket and eggs looks freakin awesome!

Its truely become my favorite way of eating brisket leftovers...

..and oh ya, crispy sticky fat cap it delicious too!

Darkoozy, isn't that fat cap to die for? lol Love it! Thanks!

Richard and Phu, Thank you!!!

I'm on the way. Be there in time for breakfast tomorrow. You said you had plenty of leftovers...

lol Head on over Jason, there's plenty. Thanks!

That brisket looks awesome but those might be the best looking eggs I ever seen.

Wow, thank you!! My hens have been flooding me with eggs this summer. I need to come up with more ways to cook them. :grin:

Back