THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love them and it's on my wish list with another couple of cookers. Unfortunately I couldn't justify it unless I needed to cook larger quantities of food than my current cookers hold. It's a beautiful cooker and would do what I would want which is direct cook (over the FB), cook with wood and not take up much space. I like the double flanges on the doors too.

Thanks for the review, this cooker is really nice. Great value for the $, wish I had one! I called a while back and asked if they build this cooker on a trailer and was told it was hard to do because of the design and/or weight. I didn't fully understand why. Anybody know?

Thanks for the review, this cooker is really nice. Great value for the $, wish I had one! I called a while back and asked if they build this cooker on a trailer and was told it was hard to do because of the design and/or weight. I didn't fully understand why. Anybody know?

I am not really sure but the cooker is definitely top heavy. Mine is not so much since my firebox is insulated. I just remember Chris telling us when we picked the cooker up to be extra careful getting it back due to the weight distribution.

I loved my vertical, but stick burning wasn't my thing. Now, I really love my LSG cabinet...

Terry.........Not to change the thread...where are your recent cooks? You are one of the gourmet cooks on this site, especially wonderful Asian dishes.

I do know that Chris will mount an LSG insulated cabinet on a trailer. Those cabinets are works of art!

Thanks for your post!

I'm definitely getting an LSG once I have the $$. I have my heart set on a horizontal as that's what I have experience using. I just love the ability to have different zones etc. But having as smaller footprint and more cooking space sounds appealing.

I'm just struggling to mentally wrap my head around how a vertical cooks compared to a horizontal :doh:. Isn't the heat/smoke drafting upwards therefore the bottom of the food gets a majority of the heat ... or am I completely missing the boat on how a vertical cooks. I image temps equalize eventually, but the drafting is what I don't understand.

Thanks for your post!

I'm definitely getting an LSG once I have the $$. I have my heart set on a horizontal as that's what I have experience using. I just love the ability to have different zones etc. But having as smaller footprint and more cooking space sounds appealing.

I'm just struggling to mentally wrap my head around how a vertical cooks compared to a horizontal :doh:. Isn't the heat/smoke drafting upwards therefore the bottom of the food gets a majority of the heat ... or am I completely missing the boat on how a vertical cooks. I image temps equalize eventually, but the drafting is what I don't understand.

Yes the bottom will get most of the heat, so fat cap down! :boxing::grin:

Back