A deal is a deal and this is a steel

You pretty much answered your own question..do some trial cooks like everyone else and figure out what works with what..earlier this year I made the change to using BPS and SM rubs..since then we have racked up 6 GC's and 1 RGC using a combo of both of their products..I along with most here practice different flavors and rub combos..that's part of the fun of cooking!..you asking for more than what's already been given is like saying "hey your wife is Smokin hot!..but now can I see her naked?"..I hope this analogy comes across right and you get my point..that point is we as comp cooks put in hard work and tons of time perfecting what we do and those we share info with are our close friends..close friends we have built TRUST in..and trust doesn't come easy so I'm sure you can understand why you won't get exact anything..but I will give the following info

BPS Rubs
Jalapeño salt(works on all meats)
Happy Ending(chicken,beef,fish)
Sweet money(pork, chicken)
Money(beef)
Double secret(beef and any red meat)
Little Louie (goes great on everything and every meat not to mention Mac and cheese and potatoes o brien)

SM rubs
Cherry(chicken pork)
Spicy apple(pork chicken)
Pecan(chicken pork and beef)
Sweet seduction(chicken pork)
Peppered cow(beef and all red meat)

So as you can see these rubs are very diverse and work great together..try double secret and cherry On your next steak..or sweet money with a little pecan or spicy apple..the possibilities are endless really..good luck!

I'm all for experimenting, and if I came across asking for exact recipes. I apologize. I did say you could give exact recipes and it still wouldn't turn out exactly the same, but that wasn't me asking for them. I'm sorry if I came across that way.

What I wanted was a starting point, more of a "try this with this" type of guide, and Sterling delivered. Then once I use it in a recommend food, I'll let my palate go from there. I have a bottle of Jallelujah Bacon Rub I've barely touched because I was probably trying it on the wrong things. If I strike out too many times, I move on to the next rub I've wanted to try, but I don't want to miss out on a good rub because I missed its intent. Not everyone has as refined of a palate as many of you guys, do a little guidance is helpful.

I appreciate what you have offered here as well and I will put it to good use, thank you. :thumb:

So...now on to this wife of yours... :caked::tongue:

..you asking for more than what's already been given is like saying "hey your wife is Smokin hot!..but now can I see her naked?"..I hope this analogy comes across right and you get my point..QUOTE]

No offense here with that anology, we have billboards promoting something similar in Chicago. That anaology gets any man's attention. :grin:

View attachment 85680

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this here, mines on it's way.

also thanks for the list of where to start and which meats these go well on :bow:

Back