64 cent /lb ribs?

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
I wonder what deal this is about. Never heard of ribs so cheap! It's a local discount grocer. Maybe I should grab a box and see.

uc

I would. They are probably the trim when making St Louis. You can make some good rib tips with that box!

Where in Oklahoma is this?
Sounds like a store called 10 box. We have one here locally. It is a full grocery that has deeply discounted meat. They add 10% at the check out. Meat is cheap but other goods are same priced or higher than Walmart. So if you go, just look at the meat. Most of the beef is non graded. I bought a couple of beef tenderloin's there once because of insanely low price. I wet aged in the fridge for 45 days. Extremely tough.

Here is the sale ad for this week. Note the ribs are a one day only special, January 6 2024.

https://www.10boxcostplus.com/WeeklyAd/Store/3/

I've gone in there a few times looking for cheap brisket to grind into hamburger but it is usually the same price as Walmart or Sam's. Sometimes, they put pork butts on sale, so if you want to make sausage that might be the time to buy.

Yeah there's a company that owns various stores like 10 box etc. Same ad at the local one here. You are right about the steak, I bought some "ribeye" from there some months ago which tasted nothing like ribeye-- was tough as nails, worse than sirloin.. more like chuck roast or something. (EDIT: I've actually had some pretty tender sirloin in the past.. this "ribeye" tasted nothing like a steak more like a roast.)

But their ground beef is very good and I got a good deal recently on it.. 10lb roll for $2.75.. boguht liike 60 lbs. Also they have boneless skinless chiciken breast from time to time for like $1.26/lb.. I stock up on that as well. Also pork butts for $1.28 /lb which is pretty good for here.

I just avoid the steaks there and get all the other meats when they have good deals.

This could also be what some stores call Danish Ribs.
Kroger sells them in 10lb boxes.
Very small ribs with very little meat.
Some folks even say they taste fishy from what they are fed.
Still, the price is right and you won't know for sure what they are and how good they are unless you try them.

Back