Contest Announcment 9th Annual Smokin in Steele, June 3/4/ 2016 Owatonna, MN Early Bird Double Discount

carlyle

is one Smokin' Farker
As I dig out from yesterday's blizzard, my thoughts are longing for warmth

So let's think about the weekend after Memorial Day, our usual weekend.
That puts us at June 3 and 4 this year.

Discount #1: Regular registration rate of $280 discounted to $ 250.
Price includes site and electricity.
Discount #2: Free entry into Anything Butt - our ancillary category.

Both discounts good until Feb 15th, so hurry if you know you are coming.

New this year is a SCA sanctioned Steak contest on Friday night. Expecting the prize pool for that to be about $2000 and expecting to pay 5 places. More details later.

That is in addition to our $ 10,000 cash pay out for the KCBS contest. Cash and prizes to 10 places in each of the 4 categories plus GC and RGC.

Again this year, top cumulative points from Boone IA BBQ April 22-24 plus Smokin in Steele gets free entry to one day of Boone and Smokin in Steele for 2017.

If there are any more prize pool enhancements, I will announce them.

Of course there will be Back Yard and Kids Q.

We were voted Best Music Festival in Southern Minnesota. Again we will have 12 great Blues Bands, a 5K run, family bicycle cruise, free blues harmonica lessons for kids, a VIP dinner for sponsors, antique tractor show, and hot rod show- whew - it is a busy weekend.

All we are missing is you, hurry quick and sign up so you can save some dough!

www.smokininsteele.com

Just signed up, check will go out tomorrow...I am interested in the steak cookoff but held off on that until I understood more.

Sigh ... local contest changed their date I swear to God one of these days I am going to get there .

Freddy, great news ! Look forward to having you.
Steak rules will be like those found on the SCA site. We will be furnishing rib eye steaks, you cook em, we will have SCA certified steak judges to judge the entries. SCA will have a rep on site. Will need to know all the entrants before the event so we have enough steaks for everyone to pick their own ( order of picking steaks by drawing numbers). It will be on Friday night. Any more questions about that???

Coz - I understand. Anita and I talked in Kansas City at the banquet about that.

t duffy - I understand. We base our date on being the first weekend after Memorial Day. Occasionally it is in May, but more often it is first weekend of June.
Here in the upper midwest we are spoiled by not having a lot of conflicts. Other parts of the country have multiple contests to choose from every week.

This year Minnesota has 5 contests in 4 weekends in June. Everyone will be making choices.

If you liked us and had a good time, we would love to have you back.

Freddy, great news ! Look forward to having you.
Steak rules will be like those found on the SCA site. We will be furnishing rib eye steaks, you cook em, we will have SCA certified steak judges to judge the entries. SCA will have a rep on site. Will need to know all the entrants before the event so we have enough steaks for everyone to pick their own ( order of picking steaks by drawing numbers). It will be on Friday night. Any more questions about that???

Coz - I understand. Anita and I talked in Kansas City at the banquet about that.

t duffy - I understand. We base our date on being the first weekend after Memorial Day. Occasionally it is in May, but more often it is first weekend of June.
Here in the upper midwest we are spoiled by not having a lot of conflicts. Other parts of the country have multiple contests to choose from every week.

This year Minnesota has 5 contests in 4 weekends in June. Everyone will be making choices.

If you liked us and had a good time, we would love to have you back.

Being first time up there I want to enjoy everything so wont do the steak part but am going to watch things to see if something I want to do in future, but I think it is a great idea.

This is one of my "must judge" contests, they really know what they're doing up there! :grin:

Thanks David for the kind words. Means a lot coming from you.

Looking forward to some great times together.

Back