THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok temps are good across the grate, but I'm having some weld failures on the corner of the firebox. The outside of the box is hotter than I thought it would be, I guess from heat Transfer from the end of the FB, which isn't insulated

Paul-I welded your light boxes on the outside of the firebox in an area that is lower then the bottom of the box, thinking that they would not get hot, thinking that was a mistake at this point . I can hold my hand on the boxes for 5-6 seconds before it gets too hot. Will this melt the plastic on the light components? I'm fearing I already know the answer.

She's a beauty, and the good thing is you can weld, so those bits and pieces can be addressed. Hopefully the light boxes don't melt.

250F that fast is nice

^^^^i hope to give it to him one day, if it makes it that long this will be a really cool picture!
It depends on who made the welds! :wink: LOL, kidding of course. I'm passed impressed with the work you've done shenco. That monster should last a long long long time if you take care of it which there is no doubt you will.

Speaking of welding i should practice more lol

Is the exhaust just welded to the end of the tank or is there a box or anything inside?

Thanks! nice build btw, I am planning a 500 gallon build right now.

I saw that, very cool. How about where it meets the tank its self?

we cut the pipe at a 45 and made an elbow. I then cut a hole in the tank and slid the elbow in, marked the inside and cut it off flush. so there is no box like a jambo or franklin, just a simple elbow welded to the tank. teh main reason we did it like this was to keep it simple, but we also didnt have much room in the front with the very short tongue.

Back