2nd setup need 2 of everything! Questions

Walterwhite

Morning everyone!

We are very lucky to now own a ranch and so I have purchased an old country Pecos from Buc-ee’s to be my rig for out there pic attached. My cooker at home is a Primo XL that I’ve had and loved for 10 years…. I’m enjoying the new stick burning journey.

SO, I need new equipment for the ranch and my questions for you all are :

1.) does anyone have gasket recommendation for the old country? I’m looking at The onlyfire high heat gasket, anyone done this? Would silicone bead be better?

2.) need a good but reasonably priced wifi thermometer and 3” Temp gauge for the smoker, since they don’t come with one - for wifi I’m thinking inkbird waterproof?

3.) I have plenty of oak and pecan on my property- can anyone recommend a cheap log splitter?

I appreciate the help!!

Attachments

• FBDB3D3E-2F4B-41E5-AB45-CCA1E22DCD9B.jpg
    FBDB3D3E-2F4B-41E5-AB45-CCA1E22DCD9B.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 104
For the gasket I like the high temp rtv- use cooking spray on the opposite side.

I like the ThermoWorks wifi thermo. I also like to put large dial thermometer at grate level. The glow in the dark ones are cool, but definitely large enough to see from where you like to sit and have a beer while cooking.

For the log splitter, I’d find a friend or neighbor that has a good one and likes brisket…

Back