Another griddle question

gcs

is one Smokin' Farker
I've been cooking on the flat side of the grillgrates in my propane grill, The grill is on it's last legs however.
I've been looking at griddles, but I'm only cooking for myself and I don't even need the space of the 3 grillgrates I have, Just noticed Blackstone, and I'm sure others, makes a little 17" griddle with a hood pretty reasonably priced. More than enough room for myself and occasionally my wife.

So..... Anyone have any experience with these small griddles?, do they get hot enough, can you lower the hood while cooking? If I go this route I'd hook it up to a bulk tank....Thanks....

I just replaced a Blackstone Tailgater with a Weber Q1200 and a Blackstone 17.
I didn't get the Blackstone with the lid, so I can't comment on that part, but just from seasoning the griddle, I can say that it gets plenty hot.
I run mine off of a 20lb tank as well.

I have a 17” Blackstone. Gets plenty hot. 2 burners, compact and perfect the the wife an I. I don’t have a lid, I did get a Blackstone dome lid though. I did get a 5’ hose with Blackstones end already on it to use bulk tanks.

I have a 17” Blackstone. Gets plenty hot. 2 burners, compact and perfect the the wife an I. I don’t have a lid, I did get a Blackstone dome lid though. I did get a 5’ hose with Blackstones end already on it to use bulk tanks.

Quote myself here. I must of blacked out. I don’t have a 17” I have the 22”. I do t want to confuse anyone with the two burner comment. Carry on

I have a 17" Blackstone and it gets a good work out during the summer with feeding my softball team in sections. The 22" might be the better option with two burners if it's going to be your main griddle. It's nice to have the extra room. It was just my wife and I for awhile and I found myself filling up our 36" for cooks. I'd go a little bigger than you might think you need. Just my two cents....

I opted to get the 22" so I could have dual temp zones. It's a good size for my wife, son and I. I feel like the 17" would get a little cramped trying to cook some things.

I had a 36" bs and gave it to my son, bought the single burner BS17" no lid, love it, I bought a wind guard from amazon that has a rack to put the finished product on. I can put it in the sink and wash it, didn't think of that when buying but it makes cleaning it up very simple, I use a 4" putty knife to scrape it then into the sink, I don't see a advantage of more than 1 burner for a 17" grill. 20lb tank and and a hose from amazon lets me run for months without running out of fuel

Back