THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey guys! This is my first post I found this forum looking for tips for MIM 2015 BBQ contest. I have a small cooking team and we are participating for the first time this year. Would be happy to help with the wednesday tickets if I can still buy some extra. I might need more of the 24 hour bands, but I still dont know whats the deal with those.

For tips... start with Neil's guide here:
http://www.toosaucedtopork.com/2014/12/entermim/

(posted above by them under Too Sauced To Pork). Great guide actually. AFter that we'll be happy to answer any questions you've got! Many of us have been at this 10 years or more.

Operation StupidBooth™ is well underway...

Cash sponsorship approaching $20k with expenses still budgeted in excess of $27k despite the following product donations:

• 10 cases (140 slabs) of baby back ribs
• 4 cases (~360lbs) of pork butts
• 2 cases duroc or berkshire ribs for comp
• 120lbs of chicken wings
• 24 kegs from Lagunitas
• 15 cases of booze (vox vodka, beam black, etc)
• 50+ cases of Redbull
• ~$75k light & sound system installed by Nolan Audio
• 60% off scaffold pricing
• SP-700 Pit on loan from Southern Pride

Coming along...
saucepects_layout.png

show-off....:twitch:

you forgot to add the river view in...

cheers

Not showing off as much as opening ourselves up for merciless ridicule. :grin:

Hopefully we can actually be more competitive in the real purpose of all this, the cooking comps this year... :becky:

Hope to see you guys down there!

Will be streaming our team/cooks meeting experience live on periscope @usualsaucepects for Those who would like a peek behind the scenes. Will be meeting up with Neil from too sauced to pork and likely king from southpork and gonzo from deez butts. I'll have DJ Mike with me as well (though not spinning for a change) ;)

Team meeting in 30 minutes.

If any new team sees this and has questions or needs additional stuff, let me know now. We have team members there for the next hour and 30 minutes that can buy stuff in your name and have it mailed to you.

Ancillaries, wed tickets, etc.

Neil

Technically you do NOT have to load in on Saturday. Load in times where you can bring a vehicle into the park are:

SAT 9th - 3:00-6:00pm (your booth section of the park loads in this time)
SUN 10th - 7:00am - 6:30pm
MON 11th - 7:00am - 6:00pm
TUE 12th - 7:00am - 6:00pm
WED 13th - 7:00am - 2:30pm

Anytime outside that window will mean you have to carry everything in manually (or with a cart). No vehicles allowed after that.

What he said.
In order to better understand your need:

Do you have a trailer you are pulling in?
what size is your booth?
are you renting tents and floor or building?
How many team members are there?
do you have fridges, freezers, etc that you are renting?
how much decorative flair is going into the booth?

Technically you do NOT have to load in on Saturday. Load in times where you can bring a vehicle into the park are:

SAT 9th - 3:00-6:00pm (your booth section of the park loads in this time)
SUN 10th - 7:00am - 6:30pm
MON 11th - 7:00am - 6:00pm
TUE 12th - 7:00am - 6:00pm
WED 13th - 7:00am - 2:30pm

Anytime outside that window will mean you have to carry everything in manually (or with a cart). No vehicles allowed after that.

They ALWAYS cut Wednesday off at noon. Don't rely on 230

They ALWAYS cut Wednesday off at noon. Don't rely on 230

Yeah I was surprised to see 2:30 listed as it had traditionally been noon. I was wondering if maybe they extended it this year after lots of complaints. Who knows... I may email mike to see what he says.

If you guys haven't received your packet yet, here is the team handbook that was sent out. It has all the load in times / gate times / turn in times / and a host of rules and regulations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpgxq7ivxpc0qsj/2015_WCBCCTeamManual_Email.pdf?dl=0

In order to better understand your need:

Do you have a trailer you are pulling in?

Dont know for sure Weber is the one that is sponsoring us and they will provide tents, grills etc except the Hog Smoker wich we already rented.

what size is your booth?

Not sure about the actual size but is Small we are H239

are you renting tents and floor or building?
We do have a tent, we are trying to get a good deal on the floor since we Heard its a big issue.

How many team members are there?

We are 10 right know. We are waiting for some more friends to do the trip with us.

do you have fridges, freezers, etc that you are renting?

No, we are going to rent all of those, any recomendations?

how much decorative flair is going into the booth?

Not much, we are working out arrangements, right now, a lot of our ideas go down because of fire safety issues. You cant have stuff hanging of the boot that is no flamme retardant right?

Back