THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Tiny Human. Someone was right above. Seems like only last month he popped out. I'm getting old...

Nice job Jason...

Nice cook Looks like a great time Glad you labeled that earlier pic that way you would not mistakenly put Tiny Human on the Shirley :-D
Happy B Day Tiny Human Even though he had no clue what was going on hope he was fun Looks like he could be a hand full They are fun to watch them grow up

Here's the rest I got. Super fun time. A few of the kids ate part of the eye and one ate the brains with me :-D. The brisket was really good and everyone loved the pastrami ribs. They are so good.

2w4JChDl.jpg

EdP1n9gl.jpg

F8QK3rql.jpg

nSOJ0Ccl.jpg

JmyxT5il.jpg

jqhSwdHl.jpg

HX4k3hkl.jpg

DnOLpiAl.jpg

Mx7CIRhl.jpg

ZuUC5vkl.jpg

n4RKxC9l.jpg

ZF73slFl.jpg

5NqCDbsl.jpg

6V5rYSol.jpg

PaB1BaZl.jpg

3KHMwYJl.jpg

48wI36Dl.jpg

6RQRHpsl.jpg

6UaPlX3l.jpg

bw8TtOxl.jpg

psf8d2Dl.jpg

ErDvqIel.jpg

2sxqstwl.jpg

Have been getting things ready this week for Tiny Human's 1st bday this weekend :clap2:. Should be fun and the weather has gone from a chance of rain later in the day just to cloudy and around 80 so should be pretty perfect. I think we have around 30-35 coming and hopefully we have enough meat.........:becky:

So I have a 27lb wagyu I got last June from mr brisket when I bought 2 of them that size, then I corned a bunch more st louis ribs the other week since those are my new favorite bbq meat (5 racks of those), 2 pig head (about 20lbs total) and then 2 lamb shoulders (about 18lbs). I got 2 pans of beans and 2 pans of mac I made some large batches of the other week thawed out and I'll make slaw today.

Here's the ribs corning a few weeks ago
ZLbKwvGl.jpg

Pig heads and lamb shoulders from the asian market around me
uhLnzmil.jpg
Funny about the Asian market. There is one 45 minutes from here and I gotta say that it was quite an experience going there. They have stuff in that place I would never think of eating. I think I finally lost it when they pulled out a long fish out of the fish tank and whacked it on the counter and killed it. I have had enough at that point.

Funny about the Asian market. There is one 45 minutes from here and I gotta say that it was quite an experience going there. They have stuff in that place I would never think of eating. I think I finally lost it when they pulled out a long fish out of the fish tank and whacked it on the counter and killed it. I have had enough at that point.

Oh ya that is what I like going for, the fish live killing. The seafood part of the shop is pretty crazy with the live fish tank and then the will break them down in about 5 different ways depending on what you need :becky:.

Live fish stuff doesn't bother me. That's how fish and seafood should be sold at every market instead of just Asian market.

What bothers me about the Asian market is some of the questionable sources of meat. You have to read the country of origin label very carefully if there is one. Lot of the Asian marts sell Mexico beef and not USDA stuff. And they will also sell old dairy cow meat and not label and identify it as such. I bought some nicely marbled ribeye for like $4 /lb only to discover the meat was tougher than cheapest bottom roast. Literally leather tough ribeye. It was ridiculous.

Live fish stuff doesn't bother me. That's how fish and seafood should be sold at every market instead of just Asian market.

What bothers me about the Asian market is some of the questionable sources of meat. You have to read the country of origin label very carefully if there is one. Lot of the Asian marts sell Mexico beef and not USDA stuff. And they will also sell old dairy cow meat and not label and identify it as such. I bought some nicely marbled ribeye for like $4 /lb only to discover the meat was tougher than cheapest bottom roast. Literally leather tough ribeye. It was ridiculous.

Maybe you got a bull instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7z_qeQRmKQ

Back