THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
Name or Nickame
Bill
G'Day Bruces!:becky:

I kept this cook really simple as it's been a pretty busy week for me.

I started with some lamb ribs I got from my local butcher already cut and trimmed. I marinated them with EVOO and a "Greek" mix of herbs including rosemary and oregano.
DSCF3272.jpg

I also cut up some halloumi into rough "chips"
DSCF3266.jpg

And the kicker.. I was going to do a Greek salad but I was on an Ambulance shift all day. We stopped for lunch at a group of shops and there was a Charcoal Chicken shop there. These shops are almost always run by Greeks in Melbourne, so I bough 1/2 a chicken and a Greek Salad for lunch. I kept the salad for this "Eat Like a Greek" throwdown and I contest now this is a superior entry because the Greek salad really was made by a Greek! :razz:
DSCF3277.jpg

I put the lamb ribs on indirect at about 375F. They didn't need long.
DSCF3285.jpg

DSCF3298.jpg

Grilled the halloumi:
DSCF3282.jpg

DSCF3286.jpg

Plating up:
DSCF3299.jpg

DSCF3304.jpg

Garnished with some lemon wedges, this really lifted the taste.
DSCF3312.jpg

The lamb ribs were rendered nicely and not too fatty at all. I recommend doing them hot and fast and indirect like this.

And as the Greeks in Melbourne go..... it was Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudiful!:thumb:

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Bill

Last edited:
Back