THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg, I picked it up at RD.

Just finished up slicing and portioning out the brisket. I got 8 pounds of meat from the 16 pound brisket. 2 pounds of that will go into a chili I will be making next weekend. The rest was set aside for my wife.

I have to tell you I did go to bed last night a bit concerned how this would turn out.
It sat wrapped up in the cooler for 8 hours and was still hot when I pulled it out to cut it up this morning. Very juicy, very tender. There were a couple of spots on the fat cap that were to hard to eat. Other then that the whole thing fell apart. Not sure if thats a good thing, but it was full of juice so I was real happy.

Heres a couple of picks. Lighting is always an issue when it comes to the coloring of what it really looks like but as you can see the smoke ring is very deep into the meat.

Just cut into it and this is what I pulled out.
IMG_2453_zps3edae130.jpg

This is the point. Where I cut it off the top of the brisket. Does that make sense ?
IMG_2472_zps06997a03.jpg

IMG_2477_zpsf81e52d2.jpg

Thanks for hanging out with me and following another Imperial Kamado Brisket Cook! :becky:

I think the finger ended up on a biscuit with habanero jelly on it. :shocked:

Great pix Ray! That looks absolutely perfect.

Last I remember, I was trying to grab your knife. :becky:

Thanks Greg! My wife is loving this one. She said its the best one yet!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back