THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Every time I pull out some of my dwindling Oakridge stash, I’m reminded that it will be gone one day, and sooner than I would like. And I will miss these delicious, artisan rubs when they’re all gone, but life is short, so it’s good to life fully and richly, enjoying each moment.

First, I set up a 3 stage seasoning station, with wings that had been lightly slathered in mayo, a small pan to individually season each wing with Oakridge Secret Weapon, and the Styrofoam tray the wings came packed in.

Dj5wLYN.jpg

Wings all seasoned up:

7pnIxCW.jpg

Vortex filled with B&B hickory lump:

c6BS29T.jpg

Wings ready to start cooking, with a small piece of oak over the vortex:

fnc1CyA.jpg

Kettle chugging away:

ovH1nHl.jpg

About 20 mins in, after turning the wings:

JztrT1G.jpg

And finally, wings hot off the grill and ready for a brief rest:

Q0FPw1O.jpg

The wings were delicious as usual, and there were lots of crispy, slightly charred bits on them that added to the texture and flavor experience. The Missus ate ¼ of them, and I ate the rest. :mrgreen:

Thanks fer lookin’, and hope you seize the day!

Last edited:
If the wings looked like that there would be no rest at my house Richard.

Last edited:
Killer stuff! Never enough wings.

On another note funny that I coat and season my wings exactly the same way down to the styrofoam. :becky: Even funnier thing is wings are the only exception. :p

Killer stuff! Never enough wings.

On another note funny that I coat and season my wings exactly the same way down to the styrofoam. :becky: Even funnier thing is wings are the only exception. :p

Well...this wouldn't be the first time you and I did something the same way, would it?

:laugh:

About 1/2 Left Richard:

P-20230808-185917.jpg

I'll have to follow this method although I don't have a Vortex.

I was fortunate enough to win a Throwdown while Mike was still a sponsor. The generosity of the prize encouraged me to ask ChicagoKP (Kirk) to ship it to me. I paid the freight and he got a spice of his choice for his help. Turned out to be fortuitous for us all as Mike soon announced he was closing the doors.

I most certainly have the biggest stash of this stuff in my country. Maybe the only stash.

Back