THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Its 2 days later after I cooked my 2nd brisket. Its nearly gone. Just wanted to say Holy crap. It is by far the best cook I've done on the smoker yet! Fixed a sandwich this morning with hot pepper mustard for breakfast!

Haven't told my better half yet, but I'm ready to buy 2-3 briskets. :thumb:

Last edited:
looks great! my household is just me, my wife, and a 10 month old. I can't justify getting my brisket fix as often as I would like... which would be smoking one weekly. By far my fave thing to cook.

Don't cook beef plate ribs

save yourself

while you can

ain't that the farking truth! I actually had to back off on brisket cooks. was probably doing 2 per month. it was time to give pork a chance. now i probably do brisket every other month unless someone wants me to cook some for them. bet i still have 6 in the freezer so i should be set for a little while.

looks great! my household is just me, my wife, and a 10 month old. I can't justify getting my brisket fix as often as I would like... which would be smoking one weekly. By far my fave thing to cook.

Yeah, this is the situation I'm in. When I cook I cook as much as I can on that day, but its mostly just me and the wife. I'll take two other people a piece of two. and I'm left with a bunch of food. I just vacuum seal and freeze most of it!

And to those talking about Beef plate ribs? what is that? I've never seen anything like that before. Wonder if its something I could order like the brisket! Is there different names for it depending on where your at? I'll try it! :thumb:

But yeah Finishing the last of the brisket as I type! On a flat bread sandwich! So amazing!

Your brisky looks fantastic!

And to those talking about Beef plate ribs? what is that? I've never seen anything like that before. Wonder if its something I could order like the brisket! Is there different names for it depending on where your at? I'll try it!
It's called "Short Plate" it comes cryovaced 2 per bag, 4 ribs per slab.

Rubbed -

Done -

Yeah, this is the situation I'm in. When I cook I cook as much as I can on that day, but its mostly just me and the wife. I'll take two other people a piece of two. and I'm left with a bunch of food. I just vacuum seal and freeze most of it!

And to those talking about Beef plate ribs? what is that? I've never seen anything like that before. Wonder if its something I could order like the brisket! Is there different names for it depending on where your at? I'll try it! :thumb:

But yeah Finishing the last of the brisket as I type! On a flat bread sandwich! So amazing!

Chuck plate short ribs.

Its 2 days later after I cooked my 2nd brisket. Its nearly gone. Just wanted to say Holy crap. It is by far the best cook I've done on the smoker yet! Fixed a sandwich this morning with hot pepper mustard for breakfast!

Haven't told my better half yet, but I'm ready to buy 2-3 briskets. :thumb:

NICE!! What type of smoker was that cooked on? Turned out killer :)

I love my brisket too and it helps because these beef prices have come down a lot . yours look amazing and it is making me want to smoke one very soon and if have never tried the beef short ribs {I call them dinosaur ribs } you will love them more than brisket . I am doing some tomorrow . here is a pic of the ones I did two weeks ago .

DSCF6570.jpg

DSCF6573.jpg

I have to say that brisket has been my favorite thing to do, but I don't get to do them very often. Just me and the wife now. A lot of meat for two. Those plate ribs look great though also.

Back