THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

DouG M

Full Fledged Farker
I have to do a 100 lb whole pig cook in 2 weeks for a friends wifes 60 th . Never used this cooker before rectaguler with doomed lid. Cooker has 4 smaller charcoal baskets in each corner. Have to turn pig by hand every ? What temp. should I try to cook at to get to IT of ?. Plus what KISS rub for inside or use nothing ? TK's all for your help

Keep orange coals in the baskets, and add more as needed. I usually have a burn barrel to make more coals before adding to the cooker.

I like to cook at 240 - 250, I cook the pig pig belly side down, others will flip halfway through the cook, and other will cook completely belly side up.

Salt the skin well, and any good pork rub will work fine on the inside.

pigs_zpsafc30c42.jpg

Looks awesome! Can you give me an idea how long and how wide a 100 lb pig with head and legs/feet on is? Thanks

Back