Brisket drippings

Put all the drippings in a glass jar, put in refrig until fat rises to the top, remove fat and use the rest for dipping sauce!

:thumb:

wallace

I have actually been wanting to try this with brisket and with pork butt but I either never remember to save the drippings or they get used up in making sauce. I think I will smoke a chuck or two just to get some liquid.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

It works like crap in a shoulder...

After letting mine chill and removing the fat off of the top I just brought mine to a boil, poured it into a sterile mason jar, capped and boiled for two minutes. Do you think this would keep in a pantry or fridge for an extended period or should I freeze it if not using it right away?

After letting mine chill and removing the fat off of the top I just brought mine to a boil, poured it into a sterile mason jar, capped and boiled for two minutes. Do you think this would keep in a pantry or fridge for an extended period or should I freeze it if not using it right away?

It would need to be pressure canned to be shelf stable. Will keep in the fridge for a week or so. You could also freeze it.

Good ideas except I don't usually remove the fat....if I where to remove it I would definitely save it to fry up my eggs in.

I use a gravy separator and remove the fat. Then I'll put it in a small container and dredge the brisket slices in the goodness as I serve them.

I've also been known to doctor the drippings with just a little BBQ sauce.

Good ideas except I don't usually remove the fat....if I where to remove it I would definitely save it to fry up my eggs in.
I read somewhere (maybe another forum) where a guy saved all of his fat to deep fry duck breast in. Sounds pretty darn yummy!!!

I saved the juices from my last brisket and for turkey day I made a nice gravy out of it and then I added a quart (frozen Bueno brand) of hot red chile sauce to it, it really went well with turkey and dressing.

You mean like in a pressure cooker?

Pressure canner. I can meat and stock at 12lbs pressure here in my location. The pressure is different for higher and lower altitudes. The stock/meat is shelf stable for about 5 years.

Maybe i should try and collect the brisket drippings. I have always considered it to be unusable GREASE. Maybe i should buy a separator and try it before I knock it. I cooked a 15lb packer on sunday and threw out all of the drippings. Maybe 2/3 cups worth.

Maybe i should try and collect the brisket drippings. I have always considered it to be unusable GREASE. Maybe i should buy a separator and try it before I knock it. I cooked a 15lb packer on sunday and threw out all of the drippings. Maybe 2/3 cups worth.
You don't really need a separator. I poured mine in a bowl and put it in the fridge. Once chilled the fat hardens on top and will come off in a solid disk. Then just put the remaining juice (gelatin) in what ever container that you wish to freeze it in.

The answer is after the Movie [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNl9k2bB-0Q&index=10&list=PL-FMdthfYNpRYQmOhz-Xy-koAYsi0_2K_"]Bonus Video - Pitmaster T's Flash Congeal Process (With Movie) - YouTube[/ame]

Separate the fat (either skim it off the top or use a turkey baster to pull the juice from the bottom) and add it to your favorite bbq sauce. I use about 1/4 cup of drippings to 2 cups of sauce, but your taste may vary.
IMG_008.jpg

I can recommend something like this for helping separate fat and juice..

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Fat-Separator-Strainer-Resistant-Capacity/dp/B001G8KAGE/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1481142592&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=fat+separator&psc=1[/ame]

0000887_fat-separator-jug.jpeg

Put the drippings in a cast iron skillet and dillute with old cold coffee. Stir and thicken with flour or cornstarch. You will get a deep brown chocolate lookin gravy that is a derivative of "Red Eye Gravy"

My Gawd it is good enough to dump the gravy in a glass and add Vodka

I personally prefer to use cajun Style Chicory laced coffee---oh man

This is what I was thinking.

Back