Double R Ranch Tri Tip Pron

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hey brethren,

So there used to be an Albertson's down the street in the neigborhood until I noticed on Sunday driving by that the Albertson's is no more and there is a new supermarket in it's place called Haggen??:confused:

The store is from the Pacific NW and I'm sure brethren from up there will chime in. Albertsons bought Vons/Pavillions and apparently part of the deal was to let Haggen travel further south and set up stores through out Cali. Haggen bought quite a few Albertsons since there is a Vons down the street in either direction and no sense having 3 of the same stores within a few mile radius. Hey, works for me.

So I go in to check out the new store and much to me surprise they offer pretty much everything from Double R ranch all the way to Wagyu beef. :twitch:

This is the Double R section and it strecthed out more than the cell phone picked up. They also have non-Double R meats.

I felt like a kid in a candy store and just about fainted :faint2:

20150413_181039.jpg

Needles to say I came home with this

20150413_182604.jpg

Dusted it with Black Ops and got some potatoes to go with it

20150413_193824.jpg

Hung it in the PBC for about 45 mins or then seared it before rest

20150413_215019.jpg

After resting

20150413_221103.jpg

Sliced

20150413_221159.jpg

Plated

20150413_221953.jpg

Absolutely delicious

20150413_223400.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

I'm super stoked about the new store to say the least. The prices are amazingly reasonable.

Last edited:
That's awesome! Totally reasonable price. Looks fabulous :thumb:

So you get that AND Harmony Farms!

Looks like one of those will be opening in Santa Monica. I always say SoCal has a lot of problems, but at least we have a steady supply of good meat and butchers.

Nice job on the TT!

Good Show !!!

glad you can get the goods at a reasonable price.....esp. if you're going to cook them up like that !!!!

That looks great ssv. :thumb: :thumb:

$5.99 lb. is a good price even if it wasn't Double R Ranch.

So you get that AND Harmony Farms!

Looks like one of those will be opening in Santa Monica. I always say SoCal has a lot of problems, but at least we have a steady supply of good meat and butchers.

Nice job on the TT!

Thanks Greg! Check out the one in Santa Monica when they open. Very true as we have our more than fair share of problems but the good is just about equal. I guess it all balances out.

Lol yes! Now I can choose to buy my Double R meats either from Harmony or Haggen since Harmony carries it as well.:becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Good Show !!!

glad you can get the goods at a reasonable price.....esp. if you're going to cook them up like that !!!!

Thanks Buckie!!

That looks great ssv. :thumb: :thumb:

$5.99 lb. is a good price even if it wasn't Double R Ranch.

That's exactly what I was thinking DH.

Man you're lucky!! I wish I had that selection! Nice job on that plate too looks amazing!

That's a nice find Sako. I've not tried the double R brand but it looks tasty.
Your TT looks absolutely delicious!! Nice job! :-D

That is a good looking piece of meat. I wish my local store had a meat selection like that.

We're super excited to to have our brands in the Cali Haggen Stores! Your pictures look amazing!!

We're super excited to to have our brands in the Cali Haggen Stores! Your pictures look amazing!!

Likewise!!:becky: I'm beyond stoked that I can just go down the street and choose all kinds of quality products from you guys. :thumb:

Back