What is your favorite beef ranch/brand?

BBQLab

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
David
Hi all. I have been looking for feedback with regards to some of the ranchers and brands that are available nationally and in pockets of the country. Can you provide your feedback of your experiences with these companies, good or bad, and why you have that opinion?
Thank you all!

Snake River Farms
44 Ranch
Porter Road
Creekstone Farm
Double R Ranch
Niman Ranch
Allen Brothers

Would agree home grown is hard to beat - picked up a shoulder clod, short ribs and a picanha from a local rancher this weekend - smoked/seared the picanha on Saturday - some of the most flavorful and tender meat I have had in a long time

Hi all. I have been looking for feedback with regards to some of the ranchers and brands that are available nationally and in pockets of the country. Can you provide your feedback of your experiences with these companies, good or bad, and why you have that opinion?
Thank you all!

Snake River Farms
44 Ranch
Porter Road
Creekstone Farm
Double R Ranch
Niman Ranch
Allen Brothers

I have used the first 4 and have had good experiences.

SRF - Great but pricey
44 Ranch - Great beef but a somewhat limited choice of cuts
Porter Road - Great meats and big selection
Creekstone Farm - Probably the best to me, but I wait until they have a sale going

You might want to look at Crowd Cow if you want grass fed and grass finished beef.

Lately though, I have found a small farm to the north of me that has opened a market on the farm where they sell beef, pork, and chicken that they raise.

Regarding porter road, I will add if you are in the east or central part of the country, shipping is great (free, $15 with $125+ purchase). However, if your western US, shipping is $35 when ordering $125+ and is really impractical for 1 or two cuts of meat etc. Shipping is almost the same price as the cut.

Otherwise, I'd love to order from Porter Road.

Regarding porter road, I will add if you are in the east or central part of the country, shipping is great (free, $15 with $125+ purchase). However, if your western US, shipping is $35 when ordering $125+ and is really impractical for 1 or two cuts of meat etc. Shipping is almost the same price as the cut.

Otherwise, I'd love to order from Porter Road.

Guess I am lucky. I am only about 120 miles south of them. One day when I am in Nashville, I might try to make over to their store.

If I could afford the good stuff, I’d probably have a different answer, but, since I still haven’t hit the Lotto….

Costco. Around here, from what I’ve been told, that’s Harris Ranch.

If I could afford the good stuff, I’d probably have a different answer, but, since I still haven’t hit the Lotto….

Costco. Around here, from what I’ve been told, that’s Harris Ranch.

Costco in my area doesn't even carry whole packers, only flats. Samsclub is my only local option at a "reasonable" price for prime grade.

Guess I am lucky. I am only about 120 miles south of them. One day when I am in Nashville, I might try to make over to their store.

Seems as though all the "good" places are located east of Mississippi, which is great for a large portion of the country. But just like pitmakers, shipping changes upon destination and I get it.

Back