2017 spring bash NJ/NY area

Bigbears BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So who is interested in a bash this spring. Let's get the ball rolling we can go to a restaurant, state park VFW with picnic tables and bar tons of options available.
I'm located in Middletown NJ.

I'm in Middletown NJ is that doable or do we want to look for a more centrally located location.

so if this is something we are going to do we need to set a date and figure out some logistics. April I'm good any weekend except 21-23 and May I'm on vacation 19-29. I'm willing to travel or like I previously stated I can get access to the picnic area in the back of the local VFW. Let's at least start a list of who wants to attend and what dates work best.

I'm in :hungry: but the KCBS contest in Staten Island is Saturday 8 April 2017

So that leaves 3 weeks that I'm available April 14-16, 28-30 and May 5-7. May 14 th is Mother's Day.

This is crazy we should be able to easily have 100 people including family members at this event. Should I post a link in Q talk.

So that leaves 3 weeks that I'm available April 14-16, 28-30 and May 5-7. May 14 th is Mother's Day.

May 5-7 is Ridgefield Gone Country BBQ Festival.....

It has been awhile since I've had the pleasure of attending a BBQ Brethren Bash/Event!

Sounds like a great thing to do...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

hmmmmmmm. this could be fun and only a few hours away!

If April 28-30 works for everyone let me know and then I will work on securing a spot. If people want to camp then We will have to work on a park if it's a one day event I will speak to the VFW. They have a huge parking lot with a picnic area in the back and we can set up all the smokers we want.

Last edited:
I was just thinking since it's going to be at the VFW we can all donate some food and feed the members and there families. I'm not a member of the VFW my Scout Troop volunteers to help them out a lot. Just a thought

Last edited:
I was just thinking since it's going to be at the VFW we can all dontae some food and feed the members and there families. I'm not a member of the VFW my Scout Troop volunteers to help them out a lot. Just a thought

Great idea :thumb:

So I booked the picnic area at the VFW for Saturday April 29th, we can have access to the picnic area as early as we want. They have electric there and we can get water from the building, there are a bunch of picnic tables out there. The address is 1 Veterans Ln, Port Monmouth, NJ 07758.
Let's get a list going of people who will be attending with the number of guest and as we get closer we can plan who is bringing what.
Should I book the 30th as a rain date.

I'm in +1. The rain date is a good idea. Are we bringing food or cooking there or both?

Back