Weston 2300 issue/ help needed

notacos4u

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I have a Weston 2300 and I have notice an issue when trying to seal the 15" bags, it doesn't seem like it is taking all of the air out of the bag. Does anyone have any advice on what to do differently or what could be causing this problem? Thanks in advance

With the large bags make sure the bag material doesn't cover the intake port inside the foam seals (center) or it will interfere with the draw from within the bag itself.

Keep the bag level in front of the sealer so the air will rise up through the foam seals. Sometimes pre-shaping the food within the bag, especially with pulled pork, will help put the air into the top of the bag.

I use the 11" X 16" and the 15" X 18" all the time with no problems when sealing whole roasts, hams, and spatched chickens. Let the machine do the work, don't force the cover down after it starts to draw the air out.

1.I am using textured bags. these are them right here. [ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0192E4IYI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Three FoodVacBags 15"x50' Rolls 4 mil Poly-Nylon Vacuum Sealer Storage Bags: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

I always double seal both ends to help guarantee a better seal. I will try to ensure I have the bags at the same level as IamMadMan suggested.... I'm almost positive the opening of the bag is in the middle of the chamber, but I will check again and make sure.

Back