How dare they...

I recently picked a new primary care doctor.

After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age..

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 80?'

The doctor responded by asking, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?'

'Oh no,' I replied.. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'

Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?'

'I said, 'Not much since my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'

'No, I don't,' I said..

He asked, 'Do you gamble, go on vacations or have a lot of sex?'

'No,' I said.

He looked at me and said,.. 'Then, why do you even give a ****?'

:wink:

Welp looks like I'm farked :shocked::faint:

The article references studies done on "processed meat," but not sure bacon is a processed meat. The author of that article simply said "about 2 servings of bacon."

Commercial salami and balogna Oscar Meyer stuff. Mass produced processed sandwich meats are the problem,

Not to be confused with the fine products some of the brethren produce in these charcuterie threads. The harmful aspects are the additives, not the meat protein and fat.

IMO..... I don't give a fark. I'm still gonna eat pigs, cows and chickens. I'm still gonna drink barley, corn, and potatoes (and Cacti) and I'm still smoke nature. We're all gonna die anyway, might as well be happy. As soon as I can't wipe my own arse, though, I'm goin cliff diving!

That's right - we're all gonna die. So make it worthwhile by your own lights!

Who knows when it's our time, I'm living like every day like it's my last!

Another case of "statistics don't lie but liars use statistics"

Anyhow red meat isn't bad for you. Green meat is bad for you.

I eat meat and fat like it's my job. It's just that I eat clean local meat and dairy.

As the song says, "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints".

In moderation, of course. :biggrin1:

I'm goin' out with bacon juice running down my arms and dripping off my elbows.

Which side does this week's "study" on whether wine, coffee, chocolate, eggs.......uhhhhh.......milk.........caffeine........etc fall on? Good or bad? :becky:

Moderation is key though. Always going to be statistical outliers where they interview some 90yr old who say they've eaten bacon and drank whiskey every day of their life. Seen a lot of miserable folks with diabetes/bad health issues who wished they made better choices.

Blondes
BBQ
Bacon
Bushmills...I'll die fine.

-D

Honorable mention...beer.

Back