RD Prices?????

HarrynVegas

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
How are the prices at RD? What are the best values there? I'm going Saturday for the first time.

Go to their website

http://www.restaurantdepot.com/

You can download the flier for the month. Should give you some idea of how the prices are. I don't want to give you the prices from the New York store because they might be different :thumb:

Overall the prices are lower than the normal retail price of grocery stores. However you can find sales at regular grocery stores that are better than the prices at Restaurant Depot.

I buy my meats from RD whenever I want something and there are no sales for it at grocery stores.

Here in Vegas I usually just buy CAB briskets, Bone In Butts, and Spare ribs. Prices are better then Sams club or Smiths. I think butts are like $1.69 but they are always packed in 2. CABS are now like $4.20 I think. Last one I got was 14lb $60. Trimmed spares were average $10 a rack. All far less then the butchers out here. Chicken only by the case. Lots of other goodies I force myself to pass up. I also buy my tomatoes by the case for salsa. Good deals on large cans if you need to cook that much.

take your member ID and create an account on their website.

then you can search for prices for individual items and it will being them up for your location

take your member ID and create an account on their website.

then you can search for prices for individual items and it will being them up for your location

I tried that but it's under KCBS and they want the zip code for KCBS. I tried the one on the website but didn't work.

I tried that but it's under KCBS and they want the zip code for KCBS. I tried the one on the website but didn't work.

That sucks

I guess you would have to contact KCBS and find out what zip code they used to register.

I check prices all the time on the web site, its pretty handy

If there are specific prices you want, PM me and I can look them up for you if that saves you a trip

Last edited:
I have never found Restaurant Depot prices to be compelling. Around July 4th our local stores had frozen spareribs for $1.87/lb but right afterwards they bounced up to $2.39 per pound. I buy pork butts and beef chuck roll at another store called Cash&Carry, don't know if that's a national chain or not.

seattlepitboss

I just looked at their flyer. Not as good of a deal as they're made out to be for me, except for a few items, and even then you have to get that "great price" by buying a case. The salami is a good example. $4.19/lb per case, but still $10.48/lb per unit. The CAB is not even competitive really when the local regular grocers have a sale, and the regular prices at the grocers is not too much higher either. So, probably good if you compete, or vend, but not so much if you're just feeding a family, unless you have a walk in freezer at your house...

I like going there for the spices, CABs, trimmed spare ribs, big cans of beans, & foil pans. I like their meat quality. Since it's replenished so frequently and not handled by tons of people, I've always had good quality when cooking their products. Free with KCBS membership, so I don't think I'll be renewing my Costco membership.

i use to shop RD wish there was one in AR were paying twice thoes prices RD does have good meat and lot's of other goodies. i miss the tri-tip

Back