Pork Steaks on the Weber Kettle

Wesman61

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1406246489969_zps0f96ddd1.jpg

Used SM Apple rub and Sweet Baby Ray's.

Thanks! I just got this kettle and am still learning it. The steaks were a little too smokey. I used Kingsford comp and several peach chunks. Also the SM Spicy Apple has a little kick. Our wives thought it was a bit too spicy but my Friend and I liked it.

Favorite is Donald Link's smmiches, season the steaks w/ Tony C's then serve on white bread w/mayo. Damn good eats.

Speaking of sandwiches, I think my next cook will be carne asada tortas.

Thanks! I just got this kettle and am still learning it. The steaks were a little too smokey. I used Kingsford comp and several peach chunks. Also the SM Spicy Apple has a little kick. Our wives thought it was a bit too spicy but my Friend and I liked it.

Make sure you keep exhaust full open and cut intakes instead

Did you grill them like a steak? That's my favorite way to do them. Next time try a Montreal Steak type seasoning and grill'em. Texture of steak with that great pork flavor.

Did you grill them like a steak? That's my favorite way to do them. Next time try a Montreal Steak type seasoning and grill'em. Texture of steak with that great pork flavor.
I seared them like a steak then indirect for the rest of the cook. I have some Weber Steak and Chop seasoning. I think I'll use that next time.

If I lived there you'd be missing a couple or three of those from the grill! :-D

Back