iGrill2 living up to the hype?

Jessg

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Just got my iGrill2 in today, have a brisket I've been wet aging hoping this thing performs as advertised.

Any feedback from any current igrill2 users?

I have the original and it has worked quite well, very happy with it. Looking forward to hearing how the new version works.

Just got my iGrill2 in today, have a brisket I've been wet aging hoping this thing performs as advertised.

Any feedback from any current igrill2 users?

Jessg - how are you liking the iGrill2?

I like mine. Wife got it for me for Christmas last year. Mine is just a single probe, but it gets the job done.

Hadn't used it in a while, but did just use it monday night, there was a firmware update that popped up on my phone, not sure what it did, but i was happy with it's overall performance.

I picked one up mainly because it will handle 4 probes, but it comes with two, and the extra Pro probes are out of stock :mad: I've played with it around the house and it looks like it will meet my needs, but I'm going to try it on a real cook this weekend.

Let us know how it goes. I had the igrill1 and it was great when it would work. I would lose signal all the time and the iphone was never more then 20ft away

I just got one

And I have the old one. Haven't opened the new one yet. Do the probes from the old one fit the new one? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I have been wanting an iGrill2. Does anyone know if I could use two at the same time to get up to 8 probes?

HELP!!!
Does anyone of you igill2 owners able to shot a graph including more than 3 hours and 30 min of cooking? I did some smoking sessuons using igrill2 with the Ipad and the newer app and no way to get 1 all inclusive graph for brisket cooks of 14 hours!
Am I wrong and uncapable?

I adked the same to customer service and she replayed to me I need 2 Ipads one for each igrill2, each one with 4 probes.

That's interesting :) they told me that you could monitor up to eight devices on the single iPhone or iPad

That's interesting :) they told me that you could monitor up to eight devices on the single iPhone or iPad

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

iDevices Customer Support is available from 9am - 5:30pm (EST) Mon-Fri
Toll free: 1.888.934.4745
email: support@idevicesinc.com
Katherine Chow (Customer Support)
Jul 03 05:26 PM

You're very welcome. Are you using an iPad? For iGrillDoYou 6 and 7.png, try tapping on "1 grill probe, 298 degrees" and see if it takes you to an independent page with just that graph. Try flipping it over into Landscape mode. This should allow you to see a longer timeline. Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Katherine Chow
Customer Support Team iDevices, LLC | support@idevicesinc.com | 888.934.4745

Want to win a free ambient probe? Review your product here: http://store.idevicesinc.com

BBQness
Jul 03 04:25 AM

Hi Katherine,

thanks for the prompt reply. I ended the first looooong cook using my Igrill2 and I noticed a big problem. Maybe I’m not able to get a longer graph but I operate in this way.

First I make a screen shot of the graph page where there are both the grill and the meat temp graph. This pics involve a period of 2 hours max. (enclosure iGrillDoYou 6 and 7.png)

If I enter in the single grill or meat graph, again I obtain a 2 hours long graph (photo 8).

I read instructions for the IOS app but I don’t find any solution.

I really appreciate if you can explain to me how to get graphs which involve longer – much more longer period of time. The best would be the entire session of cook.

Thanks in advance

Enrico

Da: support@idevicesinc.com [mailto:support@idevicesinc.com]
Inviato: mercoledì 2 luglio 2014 21:15
A: BBQness
Oggetto: Re: First of ALL, it's a great product. It helps me a lot to keep in controll the T, both the grill and the food. Overall, it allows me to get a story ...

Attachment(s)
iGrillDoYou (6).png
iGrillDoYou (7).png
foto (8).PNG

Katherine Chow (Customer Support)
Jul 02 03:14 PM

Hey Enrico,

Thanks for contacting iDevices Customer Support. I will definitely pass along your suggestion of a longer wire and a different timeline for the CVS file to our team. Thanks for your input, we really appreciate it.

As for the iGrill2, you can absolutely have 2 smart devices connected to 2 separate iGrill2s at the same time. As long as you have the iDevices Connected App downloaded on both, you should have no problem with that. Let me know if you have any other questions. Take care and have a great rest of your week!

Thanks,

Katherine Chow
Customer Support Team iDevices, LLC | support@idevicesinc.com | 888.934.4745

Want to win a free ambient probe? Review your product here: http://store.idevicesinc.com

BBQness
Jul 02 06:23 AM

First of ALL, it's a great product. It helps me a lot to keep in controll the T, both the grill and the food. Overall, it allows me to get a story graph of the whole cooking session. BUT I have a big problem: the wires are TOO SHORT. It's a big issue because I have the 22.5 WSM and I can't pass through the door the wires because the Igrill doesn't arrive to the ground. So I must arrange a table sitting next the WSM.
Other problem: the CVS file is 1 second by 1 second. Today I'm smoking brisket for 12 hours: how many lines the cvs file will have ???? Answer: 43.200 lines. Awful.
Third issue. If I bought a second Igrill2, can it run with a second Ipad app at the same time in the same place with the first one Igrill2?

Message-Id:215WT71Y_53b5ca71548f9_675a3fcda04b341411791b7_sprut

In the final part of the above pist there the customer reply about the 2 smart phones.

But, what about longer graph?

HELP!!!
Does anyone of you igill2 owners able to shot a graph including more than 3 hours and 30 min of cooking? I did some smoking sessuons using igrill2 with the Ipad and the newer app and no way to get 1 all inclusive graph for brisket cooks of 14 hours!
Am I wrong and uncapable?

You should be able to download the cook info as a CSV file that you can open in excel to see the whole cook. You just have to do it before you turn of the thermometer. I didn't and lost the cook data. :mad:

You should be able to download the cook info as a CSV file that you can open in excel to see the whole cook. You just have to do it before you turn of the thermometer. I didn't and lost the cook data. :mad:

Yes i did it. It was 1 second by 1 second file. For 14 hours!!!!

Do you mean i must transform the excel file in a graph using some in app excel option?

Yes i did it. It was 1 second by 1 second file. For 14 hours!!!!

Do you mean i must transform the excel file in a graph using some in app excel option?

I hadn't downloaded a CSV file yet so I had no idea the format. In Excel you should be able to turn it into a graph fairly easily.

In the final part of the above pist there the customer reply about the 2 smart phones.

But, what about longer graph?

They only said that it was possible to use two igrills with two smart devises, not any reference to the capabilities of using multiple igrills on one devise.

Back