A bit of chivo in the drum

You just reminded me I haven't tried cooking goat yet! :doh: I have eaten and enjoyed it, just never tried cooking it. Do you have a preferred way to do it? This looks fantastic here btw. Nice job Jeanie!

nice cook Jeanie! I love goat

Thank you Matt! :)

Mmmm... Goat is wonderful. If you've never had it, you should. If you like lamb, I think you'll like goat, somewhat similar taste in my opinion.

Jeannie, you're killing me. First the salmon, now the goat.... Aargh!!! Now I need to hit the local Mexican market too.

Andy, thanks! Glad to hear you enjoy goat meat too. :grin:

Nice looking cook. My wife from Peru calls it "Cabrito".
Thank you LongTong! The younger ones, we call cabrito here... once they are weaned and eat solid food my friend refers to them as chivo. They are both delicious!!

Looks awesome Jeanie! Still have to give chivo a try.
I'll fedex some to you asap Sako. (I would if I could). Thank you! :mrgreen:

That looks delicious :hungry:

Thanks so much Tony!!

Great lookin' grub there Jeanie!

Hmmmm . . . so goats will do your mowing and then you can eat them? Do you need more than one for a small back yard? Wonder if they can get in thru the dog door?
Thanks Charles! One would be enough but two would be better. Yes, they are great at mowing grass, weeds and brush. Also vehicle tail lights, wires, plastic, anything else you don't want chewed up. lol
I take care of my friends herd every so often, they can get through or over fence easily. I've always heard, if you can pour water through a fence, then a goat can get through it. :mrgreen:
Good luck if you get one!

Delicious goat!!!

Thank you Decoy! :grin:

I love lamb and I have cooked cabrito many times and it was great. I have never tried chivo. It looks fantastic. Great cook, Jeanie.

I know that cabrito is like veal is in beef, how much difference in taste is there between chivo and cabrito ?
Jim, thank you!! Yes cabrito is very delicate in flavor kind of like lamb. Once they are weaned and eating solid food, grass, grain etc.. they take on a more beefy flavor IMO. Both are delicious though. Thanks again! :grin:

Looks amazing

Thank you Beathy999!

You just reminded me I haven't tried cooking goat yet! :doh: I have eaten and enjoyed it, just never tried cooking it. Do you have a preferred way to do it? This looks fantastic here btw. Nice job Jeanie!

Greg, hope you try it! Absolute favorite goat meat is in an underground pit. Second is smoked and braised in stock.
The guy that raises these gets out his discada, heats oil with sliced onions and peppers, then just whittles off slivers of meat into the pan. Heats tortillas and everyone helps themselves.
Kind of the way I like to do beef cheek tacos.
Let me know if you try it. Thanks again Greg! :hug:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
ha ha. I'm another recipient of the udder madness. I swear Paul must buy 100lbs and give away 98. He's such a good dude. Looking forward to putting some Dinks on a whole mess of beef ribs this weekend. Its good stuff!

Goat looks awesome!

ha ha. I'm another recipient of the udder madness. I swear Paul must buy 100lbs and give away 98. He's such a good dude. Looking forward to putting some Dinks on a whole mess of beef ribs this weekend. Its good stuff!

Goat looks awesome!

Thanks Shagdog! I think Paul said he bought some by the 5 gallon bucket load. Yes, he's a good dude. I love Dink's Chicks and Butt rub too. The guy needs to get online and sell it.

Looks fantastic Jeanie! :thumb:
Jason, thank you!! :grin:

Now that's the way to do it! The only goat I've had was at UF when we did a study with FA&M. We deboned each carcass, and ground each separately and made patties and did taste panel on each animal. They was all good, but paleeze! What a waste of good vittles, unlike yours.

Jeanie, that looks fantastic! I butchered/cooked/ate goat a few times with my friend from Aguascalientes, Mexico, but his/ours didn't have anything on yours! Maybe next time I'll convince him that abuela's recipe can take the back burner while we try yours!

Now that's the way to do it! The only goat I've had was at UF when we did a study with FA&M. We deboned each carcass, and ground each separately and made patties and did taste panel on each animal. They was all good, but paleeze! What a waste of good vittles, unlike yours.

Blue, Thanks! That sounds like an interesting way to do it. I've not had goat burger. Might have to do that with a bigger hunk. :grin:

Jeanie, that looks fantastic! I butchered/cooked/ate goat a few times with my friend from Aguascalientes, Mexico, but his/ours didn't have anything on yours! Maybe next time I'll convince him that abuela's recipe can take the back burner while we try yours!

Thank you MisterChrister!
I bet that was a lot of fun and delicious. :mrgreen:
The friend I get this meat from is from Mexico too. He's cooked it up in a skillet for me before, wasn't half bad. I don't think he makes it the same way twice in a row.
I really like goat meat. Kind of nice for a change. (I'm not going to raise them though). :grin:

Way back in the day, I worked for a fella that raised and sold goats, sheep, and some
exotics. People would bring every type of meat there was, to taste and see how I liked it, it all had a good taste, but a taste of its own.
I miss those days, met a lot of different people and good food, that taught me a lot about cooking meat.

Your D.O. meal looks, and I'm sure from eating so much goat, was very tasty,
makes me want some now!!

Way back in the day, I worked for a fella that raised and sold goats, sheep, and some
exotics. People would bring every type of meat there was, to taste and see how I liked it, it all had a good taste, but a taste of its own.
I miss those days, met a lot of different people and good food, that taught me a lot about cooking meat.

Your D.O. meal looks, and I'm sure from eating so much goat, was very tasty,
makes me want some now!!

That would be interesting dport! Bet you came across some tasty foods and awesome flavors. :grin:
Thanks!

WOW--Just WOW!

Never been a fan of goat, but this looks delicious.

Thanks Jeanie.

TIM

Back