Opinions on Octoforks......?

cayenne

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hello all,

Ok, I've just pulled the trigger and ordered the Big Joetisserie set up for use on my BGE XL.
I sadly found out the BBQ Bros. that sell it...are located IN LA, and I had to pay the 10% sales tax..OUCH!!

Oh well.

Anyway, I was looking into possibly buying a couple sets of the Octoforks. I've seen images of folks here using them, but haven't been able to find many threads with comments, reviews or opinions in general for them.

Any thoughts?

They give a discount for buying >1 set, so I was thinking for 2 sets...maybe to do a couple chickens, etc at once....

Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts, reviews, hints and suggestions on the octoforks. They look nice, but are a bit $$.

I don't mind spending money on quality, and they look quality, but just hoping to get some comments and all before I decide to pull the trigger on them or not...

Thanks in advance!!!

Cayenne

Keith (Fwismoker) is a Brethren and cross posts under both that and the Octoforks username. There should be dozens of posts detailing his design, construction and launch of the product and dozens more with him using them for cooks. Check out the 007 thread as he often uses them to cook on that cooker (which he also designed).

They look like they are built very good and i would have no hesitation to buy them if i found myself using the rotisserie more. I tend to get lazy though and just cook on my grates instead. For me it involves extension cords and a whole wad of a setup to roti something.

I would say if you feel you are going to use the rotisserie a fair amount then go ahead with them. They are hands down easier to use then the forks or a basket.

John Setzler did one video so far with his.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXxuyjYlAIo"]Boston Butt on the Joetisserie - YouTube[/ame]

Hey, I recognize those ribs and that Shawarma! Both were awesome! Buy the OctoForks. They're real, and they're spectacular...

Last edited:
I have the Octoforks that I use on my custom rotisserie. They are freaking awesome! Completely adjustable, they clean up well, and man do they make doing a 27 lb turkey easy! I tried doing this last year with regular forks and it was difficult, had to truss the bird, and well....the fire was just too much for the 3 layers of twine...just burned off. But the Octoforks holds the entire bird together and the thing never moved! Stayed in this nice compact shape the entire time!

2016-11-24%2011.28.32.jpg

The bird was INSANELY juicy! the outside looks crunchy..but it wasnt..it was perfection!
2016-11-24%2013.56.59.jpg

Damn, that's a nice looking bird, but a HUGE PICTURE!

Cool!!

Ok, thank you all.....

This was the kind of feedback I was looking for...

I think I"ll put in my order for 2x sets of the claws. From what I read, it appears they will work on most any spit, so I'm gonna drop the hammer and get them.

Again, thank you all for the input and the pr0n....

:)

C

Cayenne, you won't be sorry. I have 2 sets and although I have not used them much since I got them, I have not done too much rotisserie lately :noidea:, they are definitely a quality product and very versatile and Keith sent extra nuts and bolts too. Now I need to put them to work so I can reap the benefits.

I have the Octoforks that I use on my custom rotisserie. They are freaking awesome! Completely adjustable, they clean up well, and man do they make doing a 27 lb turkey easy! I tried doing this last year with regular forks and it was difficult, had to truss the bird, and well....the fire was just too much for the 3 layers of twine...just burned off. But the Octoforks holds the entire bird together and the thing never moved! Stayed in this nice compact shape the entire time!

2016-11-24%2011.28.32.jpg

The bird was INSANELY juicy! the outside looks crunchy..but it wasnt..it was perfection!
2016-11-24%2013.56.59.jpg

Hi Is that one or two sets of Octoforks that your are using?
Thanks DanB
PS I'd liked to do 2-3 racks of ribs at one time?

Octoforks

HI Can I do 2-3 racks of St Louis with just one set?
Thanks DanB

HI Can I do 2-3 racks of St Louis with just one set?
Thanks DanB
Dan you can do 2 racks but it also depends on the setup you use. Some cookers have the clearance for full and some are smaller so you might be able to do trimmed up full SL or 1/2 racks.

I do alot of open top rotisserie so with my drum I can run fulls. With my kettle I run halves.

Here's a St Louis cut from the other day.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0k2e4YTSqg"]OctoForks Rotisserie St Louis Ribs : Worlds best rotisserie forks - YouTube[/ame]

Gotta love that sizzle, I don't spin them but love to hang them, self basting is a good thing.

Octo Forks are the best thing I ever tried on my spinner.

They are very well built. Heavy gauge metal, even the forks that go into the meat. Would be very hard to bend, I tried.

I would suggest 2 sets. I have 2 sets and might buy 2 more. I would have to upgrade the motor thou.

AS you see there is many ways and uses for them.

Back