Grill Cover for Weber

NeilH

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Whats a decent grill cover for a Weber kettle grill? The weber cover leaks at the seams.

Do you have the thin Weber cover (that they sell in stores) or the thick one? My heavy one has been through some serious wind and rain with no leaks. I tried a thin Weber branded one on a kettle once. It lasted a couple of weeks before it ripped. If it is the thick one, call Weber. I can almost guarantee you they will replace it.

I have the heavy duty BLACK covers that I ordered from WEBER, I have three of them. Their old and sit of in the Florida sun all day, don't leak.

+1 on the heavy duty Weber cover. I've
Got 1 that is 7 yrs old & still doing it's thing :cool:

Ok thanks for the replies. I got mine at Lowes but not sure if it's the thin or thick one.

Great covers

Used the top line Weber Covers for all my units I have 3 webers The Q/18in/and newer Copper gold 22 all have been leak free one I had for 6 years/
They also have some cheap ones DONT BUY
jerry:clap:

I have the heavy duty cover for my 22.5 OTG and have not had any problems... except when I forgot to put it on.

Another :thumb: for the hd Weber cover. My kettle and wsm stay out in the weather year 'round without a drop getting through.

It was around $50 so was probably a thick one. Maybe it got stretched at the seams and causes it to leak. For a 22" OTP.

Thanks again for the help. I'll give them a call with a model number and go from there.

If it is a good quality cover and leaks at the seams you could invest in some seam sealer used for tents that can be purchased at camping/outdoor outfitter stores.

go to Homo Depot and get a roll of Contractor grade 55 gal trash can liners about 5 bucs a box I've used them for years on my Weber and my UDS. I usually get 6 months out of a Bag on average. They aint pretty they don't say Weber but the work well. I pull the slack tight and secure it with a magnet to keep the wind from blowing them off.

Well they want proof of purchase. I checked with Lowes but was told there's no way to pull up purchase history unless I had a Lowes Reward card.

Weber reply:
Thank you for choosing Weber. We're sorry to hear about this issue with your grill cover.

All of our grill covers come with at least a 2 year warranty. We would be happy to send you a replacement cover, if you could just respond with the following:

-Phone Number
-Billing/Shipping Address
-Serial Number to grill
-Proof of Purchase for cover

The Serial Number will start with 2 letters, followed by 6-7 numbers, and is located on a white sticker on the front of your owner’s guide and on the grill itself.

If you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us. If replying via email, please leave this message intact as it will help us to respond faster. Our customer service hot line is open 7 days a week 7:00 am -10:00 pm CST for immediate service.

Sincerely,

Matt
Weber/Ducane Customer Service Rep
1-800-446-1071 (Weber Customer Service)
1-847-407-8900 (Weber Fax)

-----------------------------
Sent: 2014/09/15 09:23:35
To: support@weberstephen.com <support@weberstephen.com>
Subject: Leaking Cover

Hello, I'm having trouble with my Weber grill cover leaking. It appears to be leaking at the seams. I have had the cover a little over a year. I notice the grill cover is always wet when I remove the cover after it rains. I was curious if you could possibly offer a replacement or another solution to this problem. I have been a loyal Weber customer for many years and really enjoy the quality of your products, however, I don't think this cover should be leaking due to the newness and price of this cover.

Thanks for any help on this.

Back