Hanger Steaks!

Man at the marbling in that meat. Mmmm!
I have seen flank steaks around here but they looked nowhere near that good. What part do they come off of? I'll have to ask my connection about those.

I have found them at wal-mart and at a pretty good price. Great steaks for doing a nice Sunday breakfast Steak & Eggs. The hanger cooks in a pan real nice.

I also get the Tri-Tip Roast at Wal-Mart which is awesome and very hard to find.

Perfecto on the cook! I still haven't been to that Mariano's. Maybe this week!

Ozzie looks like he is adjusting to his new home nicely. He reminds me so much of Charlotte when she was a puppy.

The other key is to pop the lettuce in the freezer for a half hour or so to get it ice cold.

Haven't heard that one before, but makes sense. Will have to try it soon, thanks! Haven't had a good wedge salad in quite a while.

Love me some hanger steaks and those look fantastic. :thumb:

Hanger steak, hanger or hanging tender is all I've ever heard them be called. The butcher that I get mine from knows them as hanging tenders. He rarely saves them because nobody ask for them. I'm ok with that as it leaves more for me. :clap2:

oh he saves them for himself

that's why you rarely see them in the butchers case

I get them at RD

^^ very possible - they do have the nickname of "butcher's steaks". Dang all this talk about hanger steaks has got me hankering for one. :hungry:

^^ very possible - they do have the nickname of "butcher's steaks". Dang all this talk about hanger steaks has got me hankering for one. :hungry:

I had read that someplace while I was trying to figure out what I had just bought lol

they are real real tender. I buy them all the time now.

The looks almost perfect. It WOULD be perfect, if it weren't on my screen, but on my plate! Awesome cook and photos

Looks great. Good looking shorthair too. You going to hunt him?

Thanks! I'm gonna train him in the spring. There's a local NAVHDA organization a bit north of me in Southern Wisconsin. I haven't bird hunted in over 10 years. He's a Braque Francais, which is like a GSP, but they only get to around 40-50 pounds.

Last edited:
Back