Tri-tip quesadillas with hatch chile salsa

Dang Fine Sir. That GC sauce recipe is killer.

That looks GRATE !!!

Between these & Peeps'.....I'm ready to fire up on some of these fixups....thanks for posting up !!!!

Marty, I cant find the post for this "Made Hatch chile sauce/salsa today, per Cowgirl's post". Can you post the link? Thanks

Doesn't look like it sucked one bit!!!:wink: Good lookin' grub there Marty!:thumb:

Nice Marty. I made some hatch salsa this weekend as well with some tomatoes from my garden. Just killer. The hatch! It's all about the hatch! Your corn looks super good too. Is that spice on your corn the lime (and other spices) stuff? I think it's a Mexican-style thing for veggies and fruit?

Marty, I cant find the post for this "Made Hatch chile sauce/salsa today, per Cowgirl's post". Can you post the link? Thanks

I believe Jeanie cited Dr. Trout Bum as the originator of this recipe. I don't have a link but here it is word for word.

First, roast the peppers. You know how to do this and others can google it, so I won't elaborate. Of course, peel the blistered skin off, remove the amount of seeds you want, and then chop. You will need about 2 cups of chopped chile, give or take, depending on your taste. I usually go with a little more, but I've seen similar recipes that only call for 1 cup. I believe more is better - green chile is the star of the show here. Anaheims are the way to go for most folks, due to their availability. I have a freezer full of NuMex Big Jim peppers from Hatch in my freezer. Using poblanos with this recipe would certainly be a sin even greater than spelling MOINK with all lower case letters.

Sautee 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion in oil (or bacon grease) - I use canola
After they are translucent, I press in 2-3 cloves of garlic, reducing the heat a bit (medium/low).

Add 2 Tbsp of flour and mix into a roux. Keep stirring, while adding 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt & white pepper.

stir in 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock and simmer. After about a couple of minutes, slightly increase heat and stir about 1/2 a packet of brown gravy mix. This is largely to thicken the sauce. You may add more or less, depending on how it is thickening...it should end up similar to a brown gravy in thickness.

let it reach the signs of boiling and reduce to low heat and simmer. Add green chile and 1/4 tsp of dried oregano. Stir occasionally until thick and smooth.

I usually double or triple this recipe, but this will make about 3 cups of sauce.

Now, pour this over your fantastic looking rellenos. Eat, close your eyes, and wait for your tongue to jump out of your mouth and slap you in the face because it tasted so good!

Back