snake method on a 18.5 webber ??

ace27705

Knows what a fatty is.
I have used the snake method on my own 22.5 Webber kettle and it works perfect.This sunday I am cooking at a kosher bbq comp (which they supply the grills) and they use 18.5 webers. Has anyone tried the snake method on a 18.5 ?? does it work the same ?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. The snake will be shorter, so you burn time may b e less, however.

Please explain "snake method". New to me.

The snake or fuse method is a way of getting consistent, low temps:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiGRbyg_zeI"]The Snake Method - Charcoal Kettle Tutorial, Low and Slow Technique - YouTube[/ame]

Had recently taught a buddy of mine the method and he used it for the first time on his 18.5 kettle for ribs and got 6 hours of burn with the tail of the snake still left. He built the snake a bit taller on the edge to get a longer burn. Also don't top the snake the whole way around with wood chunks. They make the que bitter at the end. Also I prefer to have the chunks in the snake wall not atop it.

Another method I have used is to ring the whole unit with a deep snake and turn the grate as necessary. You should get the entire cook on a brisket done.

Back