Shirley shipping

Well there's the path, after that bend to the right it's slightly sloped down to the pit area.

Tell your neighbor its about time to take down the Christmas decorations.:wink: Do you still have your old spikes from high school? They might come in handy.

That doesn't look "too" bad. Maybe sprinkle some sand or kitty litter to give a little bit of traction? Don't need anyone slipping and falling while wrestling with that thing.

Now that I look at it again if the snow were any higher you could run a bobsled thru there.

That doesn't look "too" bad. Maybe sprinkle some sand or kitty litter to give a little bit of traction? Don't need anyone slipping and falling while wrestling with that thing.

Now that's some good advice. All I ever have is smart-a$$ comments.:blah:

Well there's the path, after that bend to the right it's slightly sloped down to the pit area.

Yea, my path to the yard is significantly sloped compared to yours.
I don't think you'll have any issue with the wheels you have.

Does Shirley offer snow tires? :-D Glad that your shipping was resolved at a reasonable price! Cant wait for pics!

Does Shirley offer snow tires? :-D Glad that your shipping was resolved at a reasonable price! Cant wait for pics!

Hmmmm, would be lying if I said I hadnt thought about putting chains on. We were suppose to get more snow today but looks like it veered off however calling for more snow this weekend.

Shipping Quotes

Hi All I just got 2 quotes from Uship for shipping a Shirley 24 x 36 to Paramus NJ 07652, $658.00 wow:shocked:. Hoping for more and see "IF" they go down. If not I have to go esle where for my smoker, Yoder/Lang
DanB

I own and operate a tractor trailer, a flatbed with a rolling tarp system on it. Rates are down right now. Work is slow and fuel prices are down and you may find some bargains for the next few months. Some have to keep the truck moving no matter what it pays. I sit and watch them drive themselves broke at times like this.

I know everyone scratches their heads at rates but at $150,000 for a new truck, $50,000 for a trailer, $3500 for license plates, $500 per tire, $350 just for an oil change. Insurance, maintenance, repairs, tolls, taxes, etc...Plus there is a driver that has a family to feed just like everyone else, that may be away from home for weeks at a time.

I will not and cannot afford to haul what I consider cheap freight. There are too many companies that know the value of the service provided by carriers and compensate accordingly.

Just an FYI from someone that does everyday.

Prices have come down due to the cheaper gas prices. Whenever I see people complain about 350.00 shipping quotes, when I paid 800.00 to ship from Maine to Alaska, I chuckle. It seems expensive, but I was quoted 1800.00 in shipping alone a few years ago from numerous builders (Lang, Backwoods etc). My 1800.00 smoker cost more than 3000.00 with shipping and additional options. Maybe I should have waited, but my luck, prices would increase and i wouldn't have a new cooker ordered.

Back