THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I thought you were saving up for a Humphreys? This plus the one you got off craigslist would have paid for it... :shock:

Interesting looks like a redesign of a model they had a few yrs ago that looked like a beefier bandera. I'd be interested in rack dimensions & if it's in my neck of the woods. Another pic of the firebox open & how airflow/smoke comes from there into chamber???

I saw these at Academy yesterday and thought of you! :)

Guy walked by and tolk me not to get one...it would just make me eat more! That man speaks troof!

The grates appear to be 20x20" sqaure. There is a plate welded in top of firebox that's has a 1/2" gap all the way around. There is a grease drain built in. In cook chamber the is a 3" baffle on 45* angle above the 1/2" gap so you do not see the gap. It is all 1/8" and fully welded. It's pretty nice rig. I sure wish they had been out before I bought the CL one. !.

Must be a Texas thing. None of the Academy stores around here have that one. All we have here are Angus, Wranglers and Pecos with an occasional over/under.

I may be building- ok HELPING to build my next vertical. I have questions about your observations: Guessing the plate serves as a diffuser and the 1/2" gap just lets smoke into the CC. There is a grease drain built in. Is that difusser plate the grease pan too? In cook chamber the is a 3" baffle on 45* angle above the 1/2" gap so you do not see the gap.Baffle redirects smoke back to center of the CC instead of it just going up the walls? It is all 1/8" and fully welded. Trying to get all the design questions figured out - laid my hands on some 3/16 - and I think I have a welder lined up. It's pretty nice rig. I sure wish they had been out before I bought the CL one. !. If I had money and a truck I would have bought it too- the pictures might have made it look better than it was :sad:

I'm really wanting one of these. I keep going and looking at them....... :heh:

Best advice I can give you is to stop buying every cooker you see. :laugh: you got it bad. Then maybe when the "right one" comes along...

Smitty - Thanks for the heads up and pictures. I might be able to make use of them laying out my next one. I DO need to go in person to look at the diffuser /drip pan- I need to see how it was constructed.
I've been made aware (thanks hon) that I don't really *need* another cooker of any kind- I have "plenty". And my bride is right- but this fact does not stop me from looking at just one more.
I Have a UDS, mini, pbc wannabe, weber kettle- but there's not $100.00 in any one of them. I'd like a "store bought" smoker or one of that caliber - but that's not gonna happen- I have to do it on the cheap or not at all.
Keep doing what you are doing. I don't know if the ONE is out there for you to find- but if you give up, you'll never know, will ya?

Back