THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.
I used Stubbs on the mini and got used to it. Picked up the KBB for the sale and I noticed it def has a more chemical smell when first lit which sucks if you have to add more coals for a longer cook. The KBB also seemed to burn faster. I feel like I got more time out of a full basket of Stubbs. The Stubbs smoke flavor is more woody.

Ill use the KBB because I have a bunch of it now but I definitly prefer the Stubbs for smoking. I'm a noob to all this but that's my experience.

Stubbs is 8.99 for 15# at lowes by me not sure what Wally charges.

Walmart sells Stubbs for $7.87.

I buy Kingsford Blue whenever it's on sale during the B.B.Q. holidays.
I smoke hot and fast, so it's never been an issue for me.
I buy it up about 400 pounds at a time, and have absolutely zero complaints.

I have been using KBB for years without any issues. My only complaint is the amount of ash left behind after a cook. I would love to see a taste comparison between briquettes to see if someone can actually tell the difference.

I have been using KBB for years without any issues. My only complaint is the amount of ash left behind after a cook. I would love to see a taste comparison between briquettes to see if someone can actually tell the difference.

Honestly, I think a taste difference is really any individuals preference. In other words, I wouldnt doubt if there are those out there who prefer KBB over Stubbs.
I have tried both and definitely prefer Stubbs when smoking.

Back