How Many Fathers Cooking This Weekend ?

cats49er

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
If you are cooking this weekend ,What are cooking ? I'm smoking 1/2 chickens with pecan wood,with baked beans,corn on the cob,cold slaw,and some kind of potato.

My first "true" Fathers Day.

Momma asked me to help clean out the freezer by cooking some rib tips on Saturday.

I think those apple bombs from EffinUker will HAVE to be on the menu.

While I've got the bacon out, I'll probably whip up some pork shots or ABTs, too.

I think I'm going chimichurri beef with some bacon wrapped ABTs. Although, much like ShadowDriver, I'm considering EffinUker's apple bombs as well.

I'm cooking NY Strips for my father in law, his girlfriend and my wife on Saturday. Sunday it's a combination Father's Day dinner and birthday dinner for my oldest daughter and a few more. Smoking a butt, some ABT's and beans. I got some HDD today so I'll have to Vortex a few wings too.

My first "true" Fathers Day.

Momma asked me to help clean out the freezer by cooking some rib tips on Saturday.

I think those apple bombs from EffinUker will HAVE to be on the menu.

While I've got the bacon out, I'll probably whip up some pork shots or ABTs, too.

Congratulation on being a father.It does sound good.

Our church does a fathers day softball game/picnic. Bring your own protein and a dish to pass.
I bring a couple of kettles and cook for everyone, so I'll be cooking, but I have no idea what.

My daughter and son-in-law bought me a packer brisket last father's day and we cooked it at their house on their PBC (I had given it to them a few months before when I got the new porcelain coated model).

This year we will be cooking one at my house on my PBC and watching the U.S. Open. Doesn't get much better than that!

Happy Father's Day to all Dad's old and new!

This is all that's been on my mind all week. Can't decide. Been reading here trying to get ideas. I've got it narrowed down to meat, sides, dessert, and bourbon will be involved - most likely in some proper old fashioneds.

I am not sure if the family has dinner plans for me. Last year they took me to my favorite Italian place. If they leave it up to me, I will go with Italian burgers on the grill

longhair's burgers:

1/3 spicy ground Italian sausage, 2/3 good ground chuck
Grill to medium over charcoal.
top with caramelized onions <----ingredient inspired by cowgirl, thanks
Provolone cheese
Topped with Mancini tangy Peppers and Sauce on a toasted Italian roll.

Sweet corn on the side.

Picking my Shirley "The Grocery Cart" back up from Tuscaloosa Saturday. Double axle, and line-x premium is done. Looking forward to firing her up Sunday and doing a couple racks of ribs and a couple chickens.

Attachments

• trailer after linex.jpg
    trailer after linex.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 104
Have you tried cooking brisket before? There's a method making the rounds on this site that you might want to try.

Picking my Shirley "The Grocery Cart" back up from Tuscaloosa Saturday. Double axle, and line-x premium is done. Looking forward to firing her up Sunday and doing a couple racks of ribs and a couple chickens.

Congrats. Guess everyone should have a backup Shirley in their arsenal!

Back