how many briskets

backtroller99

Found some matches.
Reaction score
How many briskets do you cook at a competition? @ close to $200.00 ea do most of the teams cook two or put all the eggs in one basket? Thanks in advance

I cook 2. I'm only cooking at a backyard level and only cooking prime brisket, haven't made the step to wagyu. However, it seems like our turn in boxes are comprised of flat from one brisket and burnt ends from the other. Not sure why, just works out that way. I'm certainly not spending 200 bucks on a brisket any time soon. Lol.

I only pay about $65 for my briskets and do alright. You don't need Waygu or even prime to get calls. If you can cook a brisket right, you can get it done with with choice...I'll be it you have a smaller margin of error with choice.

Where does everyone get this $200 brisket from? I get my SRF briskets for less than 150/ea after shipping.

At Costco I can get prime briskets for $60 each. Those are fine by me. I always cook 2. There is always a noticeable difference between the two.

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters."

One.

Where does everyone get this $200 brisket from? I get my SRF briskets for less than 150/ea after shipping.

I was going to say...I cook 18lb plus size briskets, and I don't pay $200 each. Regardless, I only cook one per contest. I would rather focus one brisket than two.

For FBA where I'll put chopped in the bottom, I'll cook 2. One real nice one for slices and burnt ends, and a CAB for the chopped. I don't want to give away ALL my good brisket to the judges. :wink:

If I'm cooking CAB's I'll cook two, if I'm cooking better quality I'll cook one. That is, as long as it looks like there is an area for some decent slices to come from.

Sometimes one, sometimes two. I like to eat brisket and no longer use SRF, so it isn't so price prohibitive to double up.

Back