Any one tried these rubs?

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I'm out of all rubs and somebody gave me this package of rub. Brand new never been opened. Has anyone tried it?

OW88280_-_Garlic_Pepper_Rebel_Rub_-_Right_zpszynrloil.jpg

Its new for our area, I've never seen it before. Guess walmart is stocking it now. I opened it, it has a pretty strong garlic smell to it. It is a "garlic pepper" rub anyways. Going to use it for today's cook. I have a pork loin, chicken wings and a rack of STL ribs going on the smoker soon. Going to try it on all of it I guess. See how it tastes on chicken and pork

The American Royal rubs are rubs used by teams the AR selected that have done well at th contest over the years to showcase their brand. Lotta bull, caveman BBQ and others have rubs too. I didn't know sweet swine of mine had a garlic pepper rub. I do know mark (ssom) makes good rubs so I'm sure it will be a good one

Never seen that one before, but I'm a big fan of garlic.

Intersted to hear how it works out for you.

Never seen that one before, but I'm a big fan of garlic.

Intersted to hear how it works out for you.

Well I took a taste test of the rub its self. It's heavy on the garlic! But I'm sure it will mellow out once it starts cooking with the food

@Right on Q. I didn't know this was show casing other peoples rubs until I looked it up on the internet! Looks like there's several options.
http://bbqspot.com/american-royal/
I hope they keep this locally so I have an option if I don't have any rubs handy. But I will continue my support for Oak Ridge, and buy other brands online like I have if I want to try different rubs.

I was wondering if you happen to have any Oakridge HDD layin' about the place if you'd cut the garlic with some of that on the wings... or perhaps add in some extra black pepper and cayenne for some heat to make it different... just a thought.

I was wondering if you happen to have any Oakridge HDD layin' about the place if you'd cut the garlic with some of that on the wings... or perhaps add in some extra black pepper and cayenne for some heat to make it different... just a thought.

I'm sure it will be fine. The wings are mostly for the wife. She won't do HDD, and she is a big garlic fan. I am too, just smelling and tasting this rub was a little shocking at first but I'm sure once you add meat to the equation I bet it will be delicious! If I take pics of this cook I'll make a cook thread with my review, If I decide against it I'll post my review on this thread

Never seen it, but garlic pepper would do well on a pork loin.

Alright well its time for my review, The garlic/pepper rub was decent. Didn't care to much with it being on the ribs, I'm sure it'll be better on the pork loin.

I went to walmart before putting the chicken on and picked up http://bbqspot.com/shop/american-royal-world-series-of-barbecue/american-royal-chicken-rub/ for the chicken wings.

Hands down I love the chicken rub, its from Caveman Cuisine. It was pretty farkin good. Fantastic flavor. Doesn't look like Caveman provides rubs for sale. This is the only way to get it? I didn't find anything except the american royal bags

Back