jerk marinade/sauce

drumdawg67

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Just because I'm lazy, & some of the peppers can be hard to find, what's your go to commercial Jerk sauce/marinade? Looking for something available in Chicagoland grocery stores, if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Here's what I used for my Jerk Shrimp Tacos.

It's not very hot but had a nice flavor.

I've used these seasoning and sauce with good success for my tastes...

055270851333.jpg

055270839515.jpg

I love this stuff!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Walkerswood-Jerk-Marinade-Glass-Ounce/dp/B0002D8MBY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1429033253&sr=8-10&keywords=walkerswood"]Amazon.com : Walkerswood Jerk Marinade, Glass 17 Ounce : Jerk Rub : Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41z-eHyA-WL.@@AMEPARAM@@41z-eHyA-WL[/ame]

I like Walkers Wood or Grace Marinade.

I had an "Aha!" moment last week passing a Jamaican restaurant in Toronto - they had a gallon bucket of Walkers Wood marinade near the front window in their open kitchen work area.

I am a Spur Tree Jerk Marinade user. Love the extra thyme flavor it imparts!

I've never been to Jamaica but friends who have said walkers wood is everywhere... I enjoy it alot if not using hm

I cant find walkerswood locally but last time I was in Key West I bought a bottle. Afterthought that I couldnt bring it on the plane so I shipped it back, $30 for the bottle and shipping but it was still worth it! Now I just buy it off amazon its a lot cheaper lol.

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like Walkerswood is a fan favorite. Chicagokp, will check out Lewis Fresh on my way home from work, thanks.

My g/f's family is from Jamaica. They use Welkerswood here. Don't know if they had that on the island or just made their own.

most of you that use a jerk seasoning do you marinated then also bast while cooking???

Walkers wood is the one to use. Hands down. They have a mild and a hot.

Cheers

Back