ISO Grill Recommendations

Sneaker98

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Long story short, I have discovered, like others before me, that the gas side of a Char-Griller Duo rusts out very quickly, even with proper care (always clean, oiled, and covered). Mine is on its 4th summer, and the ledges that hold the grates have rusted out, along with the grates themselves. So, it's scrap metal now.

Charcoal side and SFB are fine. I may just cut the whole thing in half with the reciprocating saw and save the coal side.

I bought the Duo because as the father of two small children who works a 12 hour per day factory job, sometimes I need a gas grill just to quickly cook dawgs, burgers and brats. I will continue to have a charcoal grill and multiple smokers for the serious business.

So I am asking all of you for a recommendation on an ALL (mostly?) STAINLESS STEEL Gas Grill. I do not want to have to replace this one in four years.

Something that gets nice and hot for searing would be a plus.

Did I mention that I am a severely underpaid factory worker? Under $500 would be great too. My wife won't yell as much. I know. Asking a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Check Craigs List for three burner Weber Genesis Silver gas grills.
They can frequently be had for $100 or less, and replacement parts can be bought on Amazon (Burners, grates, flavorizer bars, etc...)
When all is said and done you'll have a gasser that will last for many years and for under your requested price point.
Good luck on your hunt!

Check Craigs List for three burner Weber Genesis Silver gas grills.
They can frequently be had for $100 or less, and replacement parts can be bought on Amazon (Burners, grates, flavorizer bars, etc...)
When all is said and done you'll have a gasser that will last for many years and for under your requested price point.
Good luck on your hunt!

I think this is a good recommendation. The cheaper stainless grills don't last much longer than the non-stainless ones. Lots of the parts aren't stainless and the rest is a low enough grade that it can still rust.

It's easy to get parts for the weber so for a few hundred you can replace the burners, flame takers and grates with new stainless ones and basically have a new grill in terms of performance. Might not look quite as nice as a new cheaper one but a year later even that gap there will have closed. Resale on gas grills isn't great so as stated the initial grill purchase is usually affordable as well

Yeah you can definitely get yourself a Weber on Craigslist, for cheap. Perk of buying a Weber is their customer service and the spare parts they offer. I'm sure you can refurb it for way under your budget, so you won't be sleeping on the couch. Also, get yourself a heavy duty cover for it, and that should help the wear and tear.

My Weber is now 18 years old and on its 2nd or 3rd set of flavorizor bars and second burner. I recall spending less than 100 to replace both and the switch out was quick and easy. I do not think you can beat Weber for quality durability or customer service.
Craigslist is full of barely used grills so I would start their first.

Back