OK, I'm just messy...

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
I am constantly getting sauce, grease, what have you on my clothes while cooking. I guess I'm just messy. I am tired of ruining clothes, so I am thinking of testing ScotchGuard on 1 or 2 pair of shorts.

The wife doesn't think it will work. Have any brethren tried this?

David

Have you heard of a product called "Never Wet".Don't know how it will hold up in the washer though.Or how about an apron?Especially one that says "Kiss the cook".

Second the apron, and a set of "work clothes" to just get dirty.

Neverwet and other hydrophobic nanotechnologies are pretty awesome, thought I am not sure if there is a large commercial market yet. I believe it would need to be re-applied every now and then, but would work great in this situation.

Here is a link to a video about how it works, it is work and family safe:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqGkC5uJ0yM&list=PLCEC9541CCFF07BFE"]nanotechnology neverwet fabrics - YouTube[/ame]

Hitman

I concur on the apron! Buy a black one and black shorts. That is what I do. I would say a black T-shirt or work shirt, but they get hot in the sun. I have a bunch of t-shirts and when they stain too bad...bq
Bq rags!

I'm a recent apron convert, also. Now I don't know how anyone cooks without one. I get descent ones at Restaurant Depot for about $7 but you need a membership. I'm sure online you can find the same or better deals .........

I use an apron also. I like it because it has two big pockets on the front that are good for things like a thermapen, etc. My clothes don't get near as messy. Mine is a Taylor Guitar shop apron.

I too have recently heard about this Apron thing- just might work.............but then how will you keep your apron clean? Scotchbrite? Covering with some other material hanging from your neck?Wrapping it in Butcher Paper or Saran Wrap? Hmmmmmm......

here an ideal:
th

............but then how will you keep your apron clean? Scotchbrite? Covering with some other material hanging from your neck?Wrapping it in Butcher Paper or Saran Wrap? Hmmmmmm......
Silly, put an apron over it. I also wear the apron, and as mentioned above, the pockets are a plus.

Back