Elk Chili on a Rainy Day

I can totally see why this was appealing. :thumb: Your rainy day finally made it to Virginia. Now, where's the beef? ..er I mean Elk. Oh, and where did you get the Elk? in OK?

Redline, it's one of my favorites too! :thumb:

Have never had elk chili (only had elk burgers a couple of times). Looks mighty tasty!

We've had a lotta rain lately but could use a lot more.
Thanks Charles, I bet the burgers were tasty!

Looks delicious Jeanie and about as perfect of a weather as you can get for chili.

Sako, thank you!! :becky:

Thank you GL-BBQ! :thumb:

Nice looking comfort food on a cold rainy day, not much better:clap2:

Instead of a smaller pot you could always build a bigger cooker:becky:
Nice design BTW
Thanks Dave! I can barely pick this cooker up. I need to make a light-weight one. :-D

Thank you George, Bly and Blue! :thumb:

I can totally see why this was appealing. :thumb: Your rainy day finally made it to Virginia. Now, where's the beef? ..er I mean Elk. Oh, and where did you get the Elk? in OK?

Mike, thanks! A friend who hunts here during deer season, brought the meat for me. I would love to elk hunt someday but it's down a bit on my "need to do" list. If I lived in elk country, I'd definitely hunt them. :-D

Thanks so much Jim and Sausage Warrior! :-D

Last edited:
Elk hunting is my absolute favorite. I prefer to hunt in cold weather especially for Elk. Have had some easy ones where we could drive right up close to it and then there have been some others where we had to quarter it up and pack it out a few miles. There is a reason there are less hunters in road closure areas!

In the end it is worth it. Elk camp is the best!

Elk hunting is my absolute favorite. I prefer to hunt in cold weather especially for Elk. Have had some easy ones where we could drive right up close to it and then there have been some others where we had to quarter it up and pack it out a few miles. There is a reason there are less hunters in road closure areas!

In the end it is worth it. Elk camp is the best!

SD that sounds great! I know I would love it. :cool: :-D

Good looking chili.

Thank you FC! :-D

Isn't it funny how some posts bring you back again and again ??

Ummm you forgot the beans Jeanie... :rolleyes:

Fine bowl of Red Cowgirl, Hope you got warm & have dried out.
Thanks Bludawg! I'm warm and dry and ready to go again. lol

Garrett, Thank you!! :biggrin1:

Isn't it funny how some posts bring you back again and again ??

lol Thanks Adams! I do that with your threads. I enjoy the additional pics you post throughout. It amazes me what you can put into that Stanley Thermos too. :grin:

Yum yum yum... Awesome Ms Jeanie!!!
Gerard, thanks so much! I didn't get the chance to use your sauce this trip, but have plans to use it soon. Love the stuff!!!

Ummm you forgot the beans Jeanie... :rolleyes:
Yes I did Norm! I thought about adding some but didn't have any cooked and I was too lazy the night before to soak some. :laugh:
I like chili either way...sometimes with beans and sometimes without. Thanks!! :becky:

I'd love to try chili w/ elk. We're pretty big fans of venison chili, I'm sure elk is awesome.

Just teasing Jeanie, I have a couple of friends from Texas that think I'm nuts for putting beans in chili.

Both ways are good!

Just teasing Jeanie, I have a couple of friends from Texas that think I'm nuts for putting beans in chili.

Both ways are good!

Thanks Norm! :becky: My mom used to put beans in the chili when she wanted the meal to feed a crowd. I like it both ways too. :thumb:

Thank you Willy and Randy! :-D

Back