Pulled Pork Sliders with Wampus’s Peach Bourbon Baked Beans

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
With Football in full swing I wanted to make some Football / Tailgate food.
(Recipe can be found here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186110)

I gathered up most of the ingredients.

Smoked some sausage with some peach wood.

Browned the bacon.

Added the onion and bell pepper.

Added in the crumbled up the sausage.

Added the bourbon and the garlic, stirred and let that caramelize.

Took it off the heat and added remaining ingredients to it and mixed thoroughly.

Placed in the kamado (at 225) and smoked (I added some Peach wood chunks) for 3.5 hours, stirring occasionally.

Stir after 1 hour

And done after 3.5 hours

Pulled out a package of leftover pulled pork from this cook in April.

Plated up with some sliders on Kings Hawaiian rolls , cole slaw and a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar Ale.

Spoon Shot

Money Shot. (Please use the picture below as my polling photo)

Off the charts good! :becky:

Last edited:
Wow, that looks like a great meal. I love the idea of peaches with baked beans…. and bourbon too, of course! I'm thinking the cast iron pot made them taste even better, could that be true? My imagination or not, I'm ready for a bowl now, please. :becky:

Wow, that looks like a great meal. I love the idea of peaches with baked beans…. and bourbon too, of course! I'm thinking the cast iron pot made them taste even better, could that be true? My imagination or not, I'm ready for a bowl now, please. :becky:
Thank you Kathy. Since I've only made them in my CI Dutch Oven I can't tell you if it adds any flavor to them. All I can say is it can't hurt! :becky:

Back