Vacation Time!

MisplacedTexan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I'm headed back to TX tonight for a 2-week visit with family and friends! :-D

Wife has already started planning my cooks!

Evidently, Friday I will be grilling (sliders, sausage, & tater tots) by the apartment pool. Both Saturdays will be campfire cooking at the land (menu TBA). I'm sure she has more plans but, that's what I know about at the moment!

I'll try to get some pics to post!

Vacation you call this.....sounds more like a second vocation lol.

+1

I like cooking for others more than I do eating what I cooked.

First off, welcome back to the US of A!

Second, I agree with Kevin...I love the cook probably more than the eating.

Doesn't help that I generally have some small bits of stuff (rib tips, wings, etc) that I toss on to have as a snack while waiting on the big meats to finish...many times I have completed a cook and then barely ate anything from my plate.

I'm betting his first stop is gonna be Tex-Mex. When I made trips back to the states I couldn't get enough. UK has no idea WTHeck Tex-Mex is.

Welcome back to The Great State of Texas.
I wish you could have made it to our Bash.
Enjoy your visit and safe travels.

Have a safe trip home and a wonderful vacation! Looking forward to your cook pics, if you get the time.

Where in Texas? If you are anywhere near SA, let me know and maybe I can throw something together for you for a meal so you can just enjoy. Something like a brisket or a couple butts. Y'all just have to provide the sides...

Sounds a bit like the wife set you up for a "Busman's Holiday". That's the version where the bus driver rides buses around the city when he's on vacation. Because that's what he likes!

I'm betting his first stop is gonna be Tex-Mex. When I made trips back to the states I couldn't get enough. UK has no idea WTHeck Tex-Mex is.

Yup, first stop was Chuy's on the way home from the airport!

Where in Texas? If you are anywhere near SA, let me know and maybe I can throw something together for you for a meal so you can just enjoy. Something like a brisket or a couple butts. Y'all just have to provide the sides...

"Home" is NW of Houston.

Thanks for all the well wishes! I'll post some cook pics in another thread.

Back