Cajun Fryer

They are the best on the market I have the 4 gal... now I want a bigger one

I've got the 6 gallon one and it is the best deep fat fryer I've ever used.

I figured you guys would have pics and rave reviews. Thinking I'm gonna pull the trigger soon :)

I have the 8-1/2 and the 4 and have had them for a little over 10 years. I have also had the Commercial Jimmy and the 6 gallon as well. There is no better consumer grade fryer on the planet.

I have an 8.5,2-6's and a 4.Best fryers I ever used.

I emailed Cajun Fryer and was told that the 8.5 gallon fryer will hold 2 14lb turkeys. For those that have the 8.5, does that sound about right?

I have had my 4 gal for 4 or 5 years. It's great.
But I would buy the 6 gal.

I have the Bayou 4 gallon fryer with the cart, man I love that thing, the crumbs fall to the bottom and that increases the amount of times you can use the oil as nothing burns.

How long is the oil in these good for? -OR- How often do you have to change the oil?

How long is the oil in these good for? -OR- How often do you have to change the oil?

I have always used canola oil and change once a season, typically in Feb or March. That said, I do screen and clean it after every 2-3 cooks. Also I foil over the top and keep the lid closed when not is use. :mrgreen:

once a season?! Well, that kinda makes 8 gallons of oil more worth it!

once a season?! Well, that kinda makes 8 gallons of oil more worth it!

Clean it and strain it often. Also don't let it go over temp!!
Always add a bit of the old oil to the new oil. It helps to season it.

Clean it and strain it often. Also don't let it go over temp!!
Always add a bit of the old oil to the new oil. It helps to season it.

Is the oil easy to clean and strain on the Cajun Fryers? What's the process look like, and about how long does it take?

Is the oil easy to clean and strain on the Cajun Fryers? What's the process look like, and about how long does it take?

I went through all of the funnel, coffee filter stuff and it is messy and a PITA!! So I went to work to make it easy.
I use a 5gal food grade bucket and a S/S bucket head mesh screen for the Bio Diesel industry. I first went with a 234 mesh and it works great but it could be better. I should have gone with a 100 mesh.
I told Thatgrimguy (Scott) and that is what he got and loves it.
Nice thing is you can put the screen in the dishwasher to clean it!!

I did a short youtube on it:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3lC3coCfQA"]234 Screen - YouTube[/ame]

Oil temp at about 120 or so. Lets it flow better.
With the 100 it picks out more of the fines. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I went through all of the funnel, coffee filter stuff and it is messy and a PITA!! So I went to work to make it easy.
I use a 5gal food grade bucket and a S/S bucket head mesh screen for the Bio Diesel industry. I first went with a 234 mesh and it works great but it could be better. I should have gone with a 100 mesh.
I told Thatgrimguy (Scott) and that is what he got and loves it.
Nice thing is you can put the screen in the dishwasher to clean it!!

I did a short youtube on it:

234 Screen - YouTube

Oil temp at about 120 or so. Lets it flow better.
With the 100 it picks out more of the fines. :mrgreen:

Thank you!!!!!!!

Has anyone tried their grills? (RV works) I was thinking about getting one when I purchased my fryer, but couldn't find many reviews on it.

Back