My wife wants a new cooker

MountainMan

Full Fledged Farker
We have a reasonable (Phillips xxl) air fryer, microwave, conventional oven and a small salamander (not to mention our 5 or 6 outdoor cookers).
I find the clean up on the air fryer to be nonexistent with a good liner so that is an issue for me.
The salamander dose a great job of searing meats (which I use in inclement weather).

Recently someone told her she needs a Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 or so like that.

Is there any one here with ant experiences with them.

Do we need one and why?

TNX

Dedicated better than multi-tasker

We have a reasonable (Phillips xxl) air fryer, microwave, conventional oven and a small salamander (not to mention our 5 or 6 outdoor cookers).
I find the clean up on the air fryer to be nonexistent with a good liner so that is an issue for me.
The salamander dose a great job of searing meats (which I use in inclement weather).

Do we need one and why?

TNX

I usually find that anything like that appliance wise....that is a multi-tasker (5-in-1) rarely does ANY of the individual tasks all that well....

Usually I would find that 5 dedicated appliances are each doing a superior job in their allocated task that one that tries to do all 5 in a mediocre fashion.

And...you get 5x toys....instead of just one.
;)

I don’t have the ninja, but when I took a look it was a modified air fryer. Which you have an air fryer?

So, seem to be a duplicate of what you have.

The foodi was too small (for our needs) - we recently bought the Kaloric air fryer with the french doors. It's about 2/3 size of a microwave, plenty of room for tall food, wide food, multiple servings of food. This is an upgrade, size-wise from our current 3 yr old air fryer.

Smart oven

The foodi was too small (for our needs) - we recently bought the Kaloric air fryer with the french doors. It's about 2/3 size of a microwave, plenty of room for tall food, wide food, multiple servings of food. This is an upgrade, size-wise from our current 3 yr old air fryer.

Yep....it finally dawned on me (I'm on the short bus a lot of the time) that an "air fryer" is really not much more than a small small convection oven.

Awhile back I opted to get a Brieville Smart Oven, and it works great as a small convection oven with much more room than the typical air fryer...I just waited for the 1-2 times a year when they get put on sale for a reasonable price.

Since then, I've seen the ovens like you are talking about and they look awesome....but I don't have the space for that right now...

I'd put in the Brieville Smart oven is a nice smaller choice than the larger French door versions....

But they are nice either way in that they have a good bit more room and allow you to "air fry" larger items and not have to crowd things as much...

My $0.02,

cayenne

Your wife wants a new cooker, mine wants a new F150 and a Browning Citori over/under. What ever are we to do!?

Do we need one and why?

TNX
Owned this about 10 months. Zero complaints. Has features I still haven't tried.

Ninja Woodfire

Back