Jumbo Joe Thermometer/Cover

sliding_billy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Looking for a cheap thermometer that will fit through the top vent screw hole (I don't want to drill a hole). I know the Tel-Tru fits, but honestly I don't want to spend more on the thermometer than I spent on the grill to use the thermometer as just a rough estimate that I can adjust for any differences. Anybody have one that they know fits and that the probe isn't too long. Something that is Amazon Prime eligible is preferable. There are a ton out there, but many list a 1/4" hole and then the comments imply needing a larger hole.

Also, WTF is up with there not even being a cheap cover available? I know that has been an issue since it was released, but I feel like venting. :mad2:

I just use a turkey thermometer on my kettles.
Therminstalled.jpg

Bend the clip to fit under the daisy wheel.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131835

couldn't you just get a cheap wsm or kettle cover? I know it would be too long but it would work. I pick them up on clearance every few years. academy sells one that is about as thick as a trash bag but it should be easy to trim to size.

I put a 2" River Country in my Performer to replace the POS Weber thermo. If you go to Weber you can get the bezel to dress it up and drill 1 1/4" hole for the stem. I use a Contractor grade can liner with a magnet for a thrifty cover. I change 'em out about every 6 months cost about .30 cents ea.

Back