Mac and cheese for 150 - help

HolySmoke77

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a great mac and cheese recipe for 150, something out of the normal 4-6 cheese melted with noodles. Any ideas? Ill be mainly serving a crowd from the UK expecting great American bbq and sides.

Burnt end mac 'n cheese, or pulled pork mac n cheese. Mix in a little BBQ sauce into the cheese sauce, and top with seasoned panko mixed with a little olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese.

I make a Green Mac-n-cheese, that uses 4 minced fire roasted jalapenos per one or two pounds of pasta, sort of depends on the audience.

it is simply my normal recipe for mac and cheese, but, I add in the finely minced jalapenos. Since I sweat some finely minced onions before building the white sauce that is the base for my cheese sauce, I add the jalapenos to the onion a few minutes before I add the flour to the onions to build the roux.

I made cowgirls chile mac n cheese (just using diced green chiles instead of hatch) the other day and it turned out AWESOME. Used white cheddar and mozzarella for the cheeses.

Even better was adding pulled smoked beef to it the next day.

4-6 cheese mac and cheese isn't "normal". Most mac and cheese is sharp cheddar/mild cheddar/ gasp Velveeta and possibly Mozzerella.

I say you toss some green chiles in there AND some bacon, and smoke the thing till it's cooked.

Sorry, you asked for an idea for a recipe. I assume you want to use different cheeses.

How about subbing Cotswold for the mild cheddar, and adding some Stilton and bacon to the mix?

I would cook your noodles, cool with cold water.
Make your roux, add your seasoning profile that you wish to achieve. Then add your cheese blend to that. I use, mozza, Edam, Monterrey, chedder, and Velveeta. Flavor seems to knock some socks off.
After your cheese has melted, mix with your noodles, put in the smoker at 250 for 1hr, and there you have it!!!
If you want to step it up a little add some bacon, pulled pork ect.

Good luck

Back