THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jzadski

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Joe
Being on midnights for the past year and kids off for the summer I sadly haven't had much free time for keeping up here. Have still been cooking on most Saturdays. Had the wife's fam over and getting my mac and cheese recipe down. Enjoy
Will post pics later, said some security token missing

When you get that Mac & Cheese down post the recipe. I make it -and I think it’s good - just not great. Any improvements are appreciated.

Love the large elbow pasta. My favorite brand was San Georgio "thick and hearty" elbow pasta but i think it was discontinued recently ( probably UKR/RUS conflict ) but my second choice is large elbow cooked slightly under aldente, then baked like yours. Mine ends up still chewy and the larger elbow holds all that gooey goodness.

When you get that Mac & Cheese down post the recipe. I make it -and I think it’s good - just not great. Any improvements are appreciated.

I changed the recipe and this will be my next trial. I have not gotten any complaints from any of the versions yet :mrgreen:
Macaroni and Cheese
What You Need
1 Box of elbow mac (16oz)
1 ½ Cups of Cheddar Cheese Shredded
1 ½ Cups of Gouda or Moz Cheese Shredded
5 Tbsp. butter
1/3 cup flour
5 cups milk
8 oz VELVEETA, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/3 cup cream cheese
2/3 tsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
1/3 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
½ teaspoon of black pepper
*Grate a little extra cheeses to add to top before cooking
How To Make It

1. Heat smoker to 225°F.

2. Cook macaroni as directed on package, omitting salt and reducing the cooking time by 2 min. Rinse macaroni under cold water; drain. Combine shredded cheeses.

3. Melt 5 Tbsp. butter in big pan or pot on low heat. Add flour; mix well. Cook 2 min. or until hot and bubbly, stirring constantly. (Do not cook until browned.)

4. Whisk milk gradually into butter mixture; cook on medium heat 5 min. or until sauce comes to boil and thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

5. Add remaining shredded cheese mixture to the sauce along with the VELVEETA, cream cheese, mustard and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan; cook 3 to 5 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted, stirring constantly. Add macaroni; mix well. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.

6. Smoke at 225 for 2 hours or until top is golden brown, and macaroni and cheese is hot and bubbly around edges.

*Notes:
*don't let milk mixture get too thick as to keep mac/cheese creamier
*add 1/2" cubes of mozzarella half way down into dish before cooking for extra gooy stringy effect
*If dish is cold smoke at higher temp for shorter so not too smokey

Back