never grilling another hamburger

Royalslover

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So my wife comes home from work and says what's for dinner, how bout you grill some burgers. I said how about I make some smash burgers on the new blackstone? Went to the freezer and grabbed a pound of pure Angus. Mixed in some Leslie Elizabeth dry pesto after reconstituting it. threw a stick of of butter on the BS along with some schrooms and onions. Not gonna lie, best hamburger I have personally ever made. Not sure why I would ever grill another burger. The shape is fantastic as was the crunchy bark. God bless the Blackstone.

Would have never though about the pesto, I bet that was a killer burger.

Totally agree with you. We have grilled a burger since we purchased the Blackstone last year. Gonna try the pesto in the meat. Sounds good.

A while back the wife shows me an instagram picture of a diner style burger just MELTING w/ cheese and grease and promptly tell me.. "I want you to make THAT"..

As someone that usually grills burgers, I start the research. Pick up a cast iron plate from academy for the Gasser and i dont think i have grilled a burger since.

#MakeBurgersFlatAgain

Get yourself a dome so when you add the cheese you can cover and make nice melty cheese skirt for your burgers.

22822300478_f1d419a90b_z_d.jpg

man I wanted to do some skirts myself but was in a big hurry. I hear you guys that say you would rather grill. That USED to be me until last night!

I've resisted buying one of these thus far, now yourself and everyone else is just piling on. Must resist.

I want to know how you cooked frozen beef? I didn't know a blackstone would help me with last night menu changes! :p

Never is a really long time, or not.

Love burger- my favorite cut of beef.

Someone needs to start the Unofficial Hamburger Thread.

We rarely grill burgers anymore. Cast iron skillet on the side burner.:thumb:

I will grill burgers in the summer time, just because I prefer the cleanup of the grill, but I do think the cast iron (or griddle) produces a better final product in most instances.

And I absolutely Love the smash style burgers you can do in a skillet/griddle top. Especially with the onions smashed into 'em.

I wonder if I should look at a 22" 1/2 round of Cast Iron for my 007. 1/2 griddle and 1/2 open seems useful.

Personally I love both. If I had to pick one over the other I'd just shoot whoever was trying to make me choose.

Back