The best veggies for grilling ?

Ummagumma

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Been experimenting with different vegetables on the grill, so far I'd say I really like how the bell peppers come out, need to work on my zucchini, but potatoes are better baked and the corn is still better boiled - at least compared to how I grill them.

What other veggies do you like to grill ? Any favorites ?

What are you doing wrong to the corn? I refuse to eat boiled corn, it's horrible

Buy nice fresh corn in the husk. Throw corn on blazing kettle until one side is nearly completely charred, flip then cook roughly the same. Peel and eat.

Asparagus grilled on the medium low side. Finished with olive oil, pepper, salt, and Parmesan cheese

Sweet potatoes softened then quartered, seared on grill with kosher salt and lime zest

Medium to smallish tomatoes with red onion on a skewer

Corn with husk peeled back. Remove silk. Soak in water. Reapply husk as barrier. Place directly on medium heat.

I love asparagus, peppers, zucchini.

27101551983_07ff318023_b.jpg

27314092783_2ea23a8120_b.jpg

27101517913_48f037e099_b.jpg

Veggie skewers.

5652177158_baa01e8caa_b.jpg

5651609393_7fe7312a00_b.jpg

Sprouts

9127975617_2f5f762ebe_b.jpg

9127980979_62bc292194_b.jpg

And many more.....

Some of our common veggies:

Asparagus. Just oil, salt and pepper. When finished cooking, we add a squeeze of lemon juice.

Brussels sprouts (typically microwave for a short bit to pre-cook slightly, then oil, salt and pepper and skewered onto the grill). A sprinkle of balsamic vinegar when they're finished is good.

If cooking burgers, we'll often make "fries" on the grill too. Microwave whole potato for a minute or so, just until it starts to soften. Cut into thick wedges. Toss with oil, salt and pepper and onto the grill for some marks and to finish cooking.

A couple that haven't been mentioned... cauliflower, beets.

Actually it depends on the grill that's used, the distance to the heat source makes a huge difference on what can be cooked well.

Im having a tougher time trying to think of a veggie grilling wouldn't make better! Take any of em..... wrap em in bacon....on the grill. Feast!

Wow, that takes grilled romaine hearts to a whole new level. Gotta try that!

Thanks for mentioning the grilled romaine. I used to do that a long while ago and it has just slipped through the cracks!

What other veggies do you like to grill ? Any favorites ?

What veggies do you like to eat? Most veggies can be grilled...

I love getting button mushrooms, clean and quarter them if they are bigger than bite size, a little olive oil and some seasoning salt, and then throw them in a grill pan over direct heat until they start to char a little.

Zucchini, I slice into thick disks and quickly grill. I don't like them all mushy.

Slice onions into disks and grill until charred.

All of the above goes great with a steak...

Quickly seared green onions are great. I am a huge eggplant can as well.

Leek goes very well. Just let them blacken and peel of the outer layer.
Whole onions and potatoes in the ashes.
I have recently done gem squash and butternut and that worked well.
Eggplant (obviously)
Peppers

Back