I need ideas please.

Another option to consider: grill those veg!

Zucchini: a little avocado oil + SPOG + high heat = delish!

For those that can deal with the fat- since the grill is on, might as well try some halloumi.

Bruce

Bruce, you're turning Greek!

Love it!

B

I like to do my own southern version of okra and tomatoes...

I'll start by sautéing some andouille sausage (any good smoked link sausage will do)...and some onions. I'll throw in my chopped okra (you can start with frozen, that stuff is just great and I can't generally tell much difference from fresh)....cook that a bit and add in any seasonings you want, I often default to Tony Chacherie's creole seasoning.
That stuff is SALTY...so, I use it in place of salt...

Throw in 1-2 cans of diced tomatoes and cook till it thickens to consistancy you like...I like to get mine a little thick as that I eat it by itself in a big bowl.

You can throw other things in too if you have them...some peeled shrimp at the end....oh and do serve with some cayenne hot sauce (like Crystal or Louisiana brand...avoid Tabasco if you can).

Anyway...great way to do okra...and if you got the frozen route this is a VERY quick dish.

It works really well with bacon too. With or without sausage providing you use enough bacon.

I've been doing well as of late guys. I splurge now and then. Adding cream cheese to the faux mashed potatoes may be the fix I need.
Frozen brussel sprouts have been a a fantastic find.
I've been able to keep my glucose under 180 about 85% of the time over the last 90 days, and over 250 less than 1%. My A1c should be about 6.6 or so at my next check.
Thanks for all of the concern and all of the ideas y'all!

Good to know Clark!

Celebrate with some parma ham, artisan cheese selection, some olives and salami.

Decadent!

:becky:

Fathead Pizza

Hey, for a treat, make yourself some Fathead Pizza crust and enjoy a nice thin crust pizza:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/fat-head-pizza

I do a bit different....I follow the recipe for the dough....and while warm...I turn it out onto an oiled piece of parchment paper....

I'll oil my hands and use that to spread the dough a bit, but to get it to finished thickness, I put another oiled (olive oil...pure not extra virgin) sheet of parchment on and then use a rolling pin to roll out thin.

I have a very thick bakers steel I use in my oven, but a pizza stone will work.

I take the top sheet off the pizza dough, put a bit of corn meal on my pizza peel and use that to slide the rolled dough onto the stone (still on top of the one sheet of oiled parchment on bottom).

I do this in an oven I've had pre-heated to about 325F or so.

I cook till the bottom is starting to brown nicely.

I pulled this out and let cool on a wire rack a few minutes....then I invert the pizza circle of dough and take off that last piece of parchment.

I let this fully cool on the wire rack.

ONce cooled, I put all the toppings, sauce, cheese on the cooked side of the pizza....

I put the "less cooked" side down on my pizza peel and do the toppings.

Once it is ready I use my peel to put this back in the oven at about 350F...till toppings start to melt.

I do keep a close eye on the bottom of the crust...if it is starting to brown up before everything on top is toasted to my final liking...I'll pull the pie out on my peel, and stick the whole peel with pie on it, down below under my broiler (I have a double oven...bottom os broiler, but adjust to your set up).

Anyway, you can get a VERY satisfying thin crust pizza that tastes great, is VERY Keto...virtually no carbs.

And when prepared correctly can stand up to toppings and you can eat slices like a regular pizza in hand and not have to cut on a plate.

Hope this help!!

cayenne

cauliflower rice has been a godsend for me, for variety. A good cauliflower crust pizza is a nice change of pace too, but be careful because a lot of them still have regular flour in the crust that ups the carbs.

I was recently turned onto Hero Bread's offerings, and while they're not zero carb, they are zero- or one-net-carb which helps. Still have to be careful with it though. But their seeded bread, tortillas and hamburger buns have been a game changer for me. Unfortunately no one locally carries them yet so I have to order them which gets a bit expensive.

Back